Price quoted in €/cm2 on website rather than €/mm2. Can I insist they honour price?

Conshine

There are some items I want to purchase and the company selling them have them advertised at a price per area on their website.

The area stated is in CM, which I think it incorrect and it should be in MM.

I could be wrong though, it could just be a great deal.

Its such a good deal, it would be worth the drive out to the shop to buy what I need - I am talking €20 or so, where I was expecting to pay more like €100, the shop is 30 mins drive away.

If I turn up and they say that the website is wrong, where do I stand?

The price / measurements on display in the shop may be correct.

Can I refer them to the website and insist that they charge that price?

While retailers are supposed to advertise prices (and measurements) accurately I don't believe that you would have any statutory right to be charged an incorrectly advertised price. Advertised/displayed prices are just an invitation to treat and not necessarily legally binding as far as I recall. Check out the NCA/ConsumerConnect website for your rights before you take the trek out.

Also, make sure you're not interpreting the measurements wrongly. 100 square centremetres is an area of 10cm x 10cm (100mm x 100mm)

I've come across a lot of scenarios where web based vendors have made a mistake - and people have tried to capitalise. Some succeed where an order is confirmed subsequently via mail from the vendor. However, if they don't fully confirm the order, then no dice.

Try buying it on the website if they have an online shop.
I bought a plug in for my CAD programme from another jurisdictions website.

Two months later they had put blocks in place to make you pay higher prices through an Irish website.
If they process the payment at what you feel is the bargain, your quid's in and you should be able to check the basket before the final sale - and either proceed or withdraw.

Back