Price parity on clothes inTesco from Monday

Re: Price parity on clothes in tesco from Monday

Argh no way! How can they get away with changing prices like this?

Well everyone , I have again checked the label in Tesco against the label on my top at home .
I can confirm that the same designer label ( F&F ) is on the item on sale in Tesco AND on the top I bought last December .

There is however one slight difference in the items . Mine has no border on the sleeves /waistline . One on sale today has .

I paid € 15 last December , and the one on sale today is labelled€ 23 ( however you can still buy €15 due to £-€ parity .

Folks, shops can charge what they like. They can change their prices every day if they choose.
It's up to the customer to either pay the price on display or not.
You are right on the first but wrong on the second. Misleading pricing is an offence - in the context of being a sale item - the price has to be held for a certain length of time before a SALE tag can be attached. If you are 'reducing' a price like Tesco, in the above context, then it would be deemed a sale. AFAIK.

Well everyone , I have again checked the label in Tesco against the label on my top at home .
I can confirm that the same designer label ( F&F ) is on the item on sale in Tesco AND on the top I bought last December .

There is however one slight difference in the items . Mine has no border on the sleeves /waistline . One on sale today has .

I paid € 15 last December , and the one on sale today is labelled€ 23 ( however you can still buy €15 due to £-€ parity .

so it is a different top then

This is hard to believe , but is absolutely true .

The casual top described above , that was tagged £15/€23 yesterday (Saturday ) , now has a new label today ( Sunday ).

It is now tagged at £10/€15 AND it also has a handwritten tag selling at € 7 .

So, this casual top has been reduced from € 23 to €15 to € 7 , in the space of a few days .

I just wonder is someone from Tesco , reading these threads ?

Back