Price parity on clothes inTesco from Monday

sandrat

From Monday if you buy clothes in tesco you pay the amount on the tag for sterling but in euro so if socks are £2 you pay €2.
Up until recently there was a 10% sterling discount on clothes but this is one step further. No sign of them introducing parity on other items but as they say every little helps

[broken link removed]

Re: Price parity on clothes in tesco from Monday

This sounds great ......I hope its the same dual price tag as the one presently on the items ........
If so , there will be great bargains to be had .

Tesco are probably using this as a clearout of winter stock too.

Tesco are probably using this as a clearout of winter stock too.

if we have a summer like last year we'll need winter clothes. Perfect for kids clothes which are cheap anyway and they grow out of them so quick so no need to buy dear clothes

well,tescos do some good bargins sometimes.But i found dunnes summer kids clothes great.shorts 2-3.50. tshirts 3-5e even ladies shorts 5e and tshirts 2e

And a lot of the other high street chains too. Its a pity Tesco couldnt do this on their magazines!

Rumour has it that next are changing their prices from thursday, also thinking of it I reckon debenhams might be planning something too, I was there during the week and girls at check out were talking about being it at 7am on the 23rd marking down prices

All we need is Dunnes Stores to change to parity for their clothing, and people power has finally won!!

This sounds great ......I hope its the same dual price tag as the one presently on the items ........
If so , there will be great bargains to be had .

Its just like I suspected ........Last christmas I bought a top in Tesco which was priced at 11stg and 15 euro.

Same top is still in Tesco.... It is now 15 stg and 23 euro .......which means you still pay 15 euro for same top .

Argh no way! How can they get away with changing prices like this?

Well, as stg weakens, imports into the UK will get dearer. So some of the increase in the stg price does make sense.

Well I am certain, that the same top, I bought last December for € 15 is now tagged € 23 . ( but you still pay €15 )

By the way it looks to me , as if all the tags have been changed and they are definately not the same tags that were on the clothes last December .

Decembers tags showed the EURO first in large print.........Now the tags are showing the STERLING first in large print .

Its just like I suspected ........Last christmas I bought a top in Tesco which was priced at 11stg and 15 euro.

Same top is still in Tesco.... It is now 15 stg and 23 euro .......which means you still pay 15 euro for same top .
If this is true and you've got proof it should be reported to the appropriate authority.

Folks, shops can charge what they like. They can change their prices every day if they choose.
It's up to the customer to either pay the price on display or not.

If this is true and you've got proof it should be reported to the appropriate authority.

No , I dont have the receipt nor the tag.

But remember , that the Tesco tag only shows the price . It does not describe what you are buying , so it is impossible to match a tag to a receipt .

Well I am certain, that the same top, I bought last December for € 15 is now tagged € 23 . ( but you still pay €15 )

By the way it looks to me , as if all the tags have been changed and they are definately not the same tags that were on the clothes last December .

Decembers tags showed the EURO first in large print.........Now the tags are showing the STERLING first in large print .
If they buy the goods in India then they have become more expensive as the GB£ weakens. Therefore you are still paying the Indian price, but in GB£.
Anyway, as callybags has pointed out, they can charge what they like as long as the price in displayed correctly.

they can charge what they like as long as the price in displayed correctly.

They can but if they have introduced a price increase at the same time as making a big ballyhoo about euro/sterling parity then that at least constitutes sharp practice and is worthy of equal publicity as the so-called new parity policy.

I went into tesco the week before the offer started and selected a lot of baby clothes I wanted to buy, the price tags were not changed and i got them cheaper when the offer started

Watching a UK satellite channel last week, Tesco were advertising a 20% reduction in their clothing items....."reduction to be made at the till"....which means, I guess, that UK shoppers are still paying less for Tesco clothes than we are despite euro/sterling parity!

Back