Price of plumbing kitchen sink.

Susie2017

My elderly father had a kitchen sink fitted a few weeks back into a new kitchen. Didn't get quote in advance. Received bill yesterday. 250 plus vat. Sink was already set into worktop for plumbers over mounted type. Single drain and tap were plumbed. Not supplied. Opinions on price ?

Seems extremely overpriced for such a job - best to hire tradesmen from the Guild of tradesmen or reccommended by friends

I thought it was way too much. They were out in under an hour. Very straightforward job.

half that would be more like it , these guys ( tradesmen ) are mercenaries and will usually see sense if their cowboy attempts are called out , talk to them

I paid €90 for one hour recently. I priced around and the going rate was €90 - €150 per hour which is in my opinion ridiculous.

Anyone with a pair of hands should be able to plumb a sink but if you can't you call a plumber and he does a good job and thats his price,

OP, on the face of it, €250 sounds very expensive, but factors such as any parts used, complications, travel time/distance etc. will all play a role in the cost.

Unless you shop around and agree a price in advance, you leave yourself exposed to being overcharged.

It is really hard to say but you should get quotes from several plumbers to get a more accurate idea. You can price out the parts through websites for Lowe's and Home Depot and then add in the hourly labor charge for the plumber. You can also ask the plumbers when you call for quotes if you can supply the parts yourself. If you let the plumber provide parts, they will definately charge you a lot more for them than if you get them yourself.

It is really hard to say but you should get quotes from several plumbers to get a more accurate idea. You can price out the parts through websites for Lowe's and Home Depot and then add in the hourly labor charge for the plumber. You can also ask the plumbers when you call for quotes if you can supply the parts yourself. If you let the plumber provide parts, they will definately charge you a lot more for them than if you get them yourself.

This is an Irish website so Lowes and Home Depot are not an option here. You seem to be based in the U.S.

250 sounds hugely expensive. My plumber recently did a horrible job for me at short notice, supplied some pipe and fittings, took him over an hour and only charged me 100

Back