Price list of all LAYA plans provide below

trident

Registered User
Messages
41
I have updated the price list and provided below the prices for all LAYA plans, as of today, 16-01-2026.
A couple of points:
(1) I did my best, but there may be errors, so please double check the prices yourself.
(2) I got the annual price from Hia.ie and the monthly price from Laya. When you calculate the annual price based on the monthly price, it is 3% higher as a 3% charge is applied because payments are spread over 12 months.
(3) In a small number of cases, the Laya monthly price provided is slightly cheaper than the price on the Hia website, such plan names are written in capital letters. I am not sure which price is correct.
(4) Prices are for adults.
(5) The plan "Inspire access - is on the Hia website, is not on the Laya website, so it may be retired.
Happy hunting!

Annual Price (HIA website)Monthly price (LAYA website)
ASSURE PROTECT€59345.79
Transform entry€70960.84
EVERYDAY HEALTH€71258.07
ASSURE VITALITY€73259.72
EVERYDAY HEALTH PLUS€89467.62
Access health€1,04089.27
Access care€1,12096.13
SIGNIFY CARE€1,21097.83
Essential assist€1,213104.11
Prosper€1,247107.04
PRECISION 600 CONNECT€1,262102.06
SIGNIFY€1,31199.53
Optimum€1,440123.63
Transform care€1,450124.49
SIGNIFY PLUS€1,468118.83
Advantage 500 explore€1,472126.37
Precision 600 total€1,473126.40
Inspire health€1,480127.03
FLEX 500 EXPLORE€1,528116.33
Inspire assist€1,535131.75
PRECISION 300 CONNECT€1,540117.23
Inspire care€1,570134.76
Transform plus€1,622139.18
Inspire€1,642140.91
Inspire access€1,683No price given by Laya
Precision 150 connect€1,688144.90
Advantage 375 explore€1,766151.60
Control 600 connect€1,771151.98
Essential health 300€1,775152.38
Core connect€1,776152.44
Inspire plus€1,776152.45
Simply health plus€1,779152.69
Total health plus€1,794154.01
Connect simplicity€1,800154.51
Flex 375 explore€1,809155.26
Optimum plus€1,813155.62
Simply health extra€1,815155.80
Prime care€1,821156.32
Connect choice€1,825156.62
Connect choice 500€1,832157.21
Simply health choice€1,836157.60
Prosper care€1,840157.94
Precision 600 create€1,872160.69
Simply health starter€1,888162.07
Control 450 connect€1,929165.57
Advantage 250 explore€2,014172.90
Prime€2,015172.93
Precision 300 create€2,020173.37
Control 600 total€2,051176.03
Principle€2,068177.49
Company health€2,085179.00
Total health complete 175€2,139183.56
Evolve€2,141183.77
Advantage 175 explore€2,155185.00
Optimum premium€2,170186.22
Flex 500 plus€2,173186.53
Simply connect care€2,188187.78
FLEX 250 EXPLORE€2,217179.92
Transform advanced€2,233191.65
Precision 150 create€2,263194.22
360 care select€2,312198.41
Flex 175 explore€2,341200.96
Control 450 create€2,363202.83
Connect care€2,394205.46
Total health extra€2,402206.21
Control 300 create€2,407206.60
Advantage 250 choice€2,446209.96
Simply connect€2,473212.27
Care select€2,486213.37
Excel care€2,528216.98
Essential connect family€2,550218.87
Control 150 connect€2,563219.99
Prosper advanced€2,564220.04
Flex 250 plus€2,576221.06
Flex 500 choice€2,643226.90
Flex 375 choice€2,666228.81
Control 150 total€2,677229.75
Control 150 secure€2,705232.16
Simply connect plus€2,713232.82
Essential connect health€2,720233.44
Connect care 100€2,755236.50
Advantage 125 explore€2,762237.07
Essential€2,783238.87
Simplicity€2,784238.93
Advantage 125 plus€2,826242.54
Total health complete€2,881247.27
Power€2,885247.64
Control 150 create€2,940252.33
Simply health excess€2,998257.30
Connect care 150€3,019259.16
Ideal simplicity€3,026259.73
Health manager first€3,035260.49
Health secure plus€3,082264.56
Flex 250 choice€3,087264.97
Momentum€3,219276.27
Flex 125 explore€3,236277.73
Company care choice€3,240278.10
Total health no excess€3,248278.79
Company care starter€3,254279.29
Company health plus with excess€3,426294.02
360 care€3,447295.84
Flex 125 plus€3,447295.89
Company care with excess€3,595308.59
Complete simplicity€3,659314.09
Company health explore€4,129354.44
Flex125 choice€4,165357.49
Company care no excess€4,185359.22
Company health plus no excess€4,191359.72
Total health select€4,431380.32
Company care plus€4,612395.83
Company care premium (with excess)€4,633397.66
Company care advanced€4,731406.11
Essential plus with excess€4,864417.47
Company care premium no excess€5,158442.74
Essential plus no excess€6,139526.95
Empower 150 secure€6,273538.46
Empower secure no excess€8,031689.34
Company care gold€9,427809.16
 
Not sure how this helps anyone looking for a health insurance plan
I agree. It doesn't as far as I can see. You can't choose a policy solely on price. You need to know at least the basics of what cover it offers.
 
At least you can see what's within your budget at a glance.
A bit like the old hia comparison thingy.
Would some of those prices have 5% or 10% reductions if bought online?
 
At least you can see what's within your budget at a glance.
A bit like the old hia comparison thingy
You can still do that with the current HIA comparison tool.
I'm shopping around at the moment (currently on Laya Signify Care and trying to see if I can get better cover for a similar price if c. €1.2K) and the HIA tool is helpful for comparing up to 6 specific plans with my current plan.
But all the caveats about cover from the individual insurers makes direct comparison very difficult.
E.g. excesses, copayments, shortfalls etc.
It's a real head wrecker.
At the moment I'm leaning towards Level Health Plan B 300 Day To Day.
 
Have you seen anything better to offer as a starting point ?
What I outlined above. Start with your current policy, assuming that it was suitable for your needs for the previous year (otherwise why would you have bought it), and then look at policies in a similar price bracket to see if you can get better cover for a similar price.
 
I will be renewing soon. I’ve been on Laya 500 Explore for some years. I’ve saved myself some money each year by cancelling the old policy and renewing as a new subscriber. This saves about 10%.

But, I’ve just used the comparison tool to compare this policy and Clubman’s Laya Signify Care and I see that I would get the same Beacon cover - the excess is in fact €50 cheaper at €450 vs €500. Signify also gives 3 x €25 towards GP visits; Explore 500 gives nothing. In fact, I can’t see any advantage to Explore 500’s couple of hundred extra cost.

I haven’t been looking hard enough and I will be switching this time around.

D.
 
But, I’ve just used the comparison tool to compare this policy and Clubman’s Laya Signify Care and I see that I would get the same Beacon cover - the excess is in fact €50 cheaper at €450 vs €500.
For what it's worth, after shopping around recently, I'm switching to Level Health Plan B 300 Day to Day when my Signify Care policy ends at the end of January. I found that it gave me better coverage for my needs for a lower price (including 10% online discount).

Edit: slight correction. Level Health Plan B 300 Day to Day with the 10% online discount is marginally more expensive than my Signify Care renewal (€1,226 versus €1,210) but the cover that I prioritise is better. Apologies for any confusion.
 
Last edited:
I've been looking at some Laya plans.

Under the heading; Specified Orthopaedic and Ophthalmic procedures it says, "40% shortfall in Beacon hospital".

What does this mean in practice? Say I was to have a hip replaced. Presumably, it would cost €000s. If I'm liable for 40%, rather than a stated excess, that could be €000s too, correct?

Thanks.

D.

Ps. The Google/AI answer does indeed say that you may be liable for €000s for, say, a hip replacement. Thankfully, I don't need one, but I'd prefer to be dealing with a specified excess rather than 40% of "pick a number, any number".

Pps. Laya's Simply Health (Excess) is an example of a policy that carries no excess or shortfall, but at a price of €282.00 p/m.

So, I guess I've answered my own question.
 
Last edited:
Thankfully, I don't need one, but I'd prefer to be dealing with a specified excess rather than 40% of "pick a number, any number".
Many policies are now including a definite number rather than % shortfall for Orthopaedic and Ophthalmic procedures.
Having been on Laya Simplicity for many years, I am now seriously considering ILH Health Guide 3 and ILH Better Select for my upcoming renewal.
 
When you Google the cost of a Knee replacement in Ireland you get €10k to €17k and for Hip €10k to €15
I moved from Laya inspire+ to Level Health Pro, so moved from a 40% co-payment to €4k
@charlie007 states above, go for a plan with a defined co-payment as it should work in your favour then a percentage
 
Hi Sue Ellen, Thats the nicest thing I've been called in ages?!
I'm referring to a co-payment when I mention a definite number.
ILH Better Select has €2,000 co-payment on certain orthopaedic procedures.
ILH Health Guide 3 has €3,000 co-payment on certain orthopaedic procedures, and €500 co-payment on certain ophthalmic procedures.
These are the policies I'm considering at the moment.
 
I'm referring to a co-payment when I mention a definite number

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for that. Its good to keep up-to-date on the health plans and I was not aware that some of the companies had adopted this approach.

It seems a much better idea because I'm sure the procedures change in price on a regular basis and differ from one hospital to another so its handy to have the co-payment figure tied down and therefore no shocks as patients know in advance what they will have to pay.

S.E.
 
Back
Top