Preview Facility not working for me

mathepac

The very handy preview facility is not working for me on Safari Version 14.0.3 (16610.4.3.1.4) on macOS.

Nothing happens when I press the button which used to be located bottom right beside the Post button but is now top-right on the post-creation and editing menu-bar.

Hi Mathepac

I have never understood the benefit for preview
1) what you see is what you get almost all the time - probably not if you post tables
2) You can edit the post so easily

But I will look into it.

Brendan

And you don't get a preview of your post. The indicators are, for example, quotes and links to external sites not displayed as they will appear, @symbols not hidden and user-names not highlighted when referring to posters, etc.

When preview worked you got two versions of your post on the screen, the original as you typed it and a preview of the finished article beneath. Surprised preview hasn't more fans. Its purpose is to improve post quality from an appearance perspective although it does nothing to help improve the "wall of text" posts.

OK, I see where I went wrong. When you click Preview now, you only see the Preview-ed post and *not* the typed one. Does that make sense? It's different but it seems to be working. Sorry for the unnecessary hassle.

[EDIT] and you're correct about the editing ribbon dimming which I had not noticed.

Back