Prevent drawer from tipping

Shaz

Hi, I have very young children and wish to prevent them from opening the drawers of a sideboard and a console table all the way to the point where the drawers fall out of their slots. I would prefer for the instrument to be hidden in the drawer rather than stuck to the outside of the furniture. Any ideas? Thanks.

if you can reach behind these drawers when they are partially open, you may be able to attach a length of chain to the end of the drawer and attach a hook to the back of the sideboard. The length of chain will determine the extent to which the drawer can then be pulled out without causing danger.

Obviously, you will need to remove the drawer to do this.

Attach small wooden blocks (or modesty blocks) to the sides of the cabinets just above the position of the drawer sides. Then attach a small piece of wood/ply to the back of the drawer that will come into contact with these blocks as the drawers are almost fully open.
Leo

Leo; Doesn't this suggestion mean the method will not be hidden within the piece of furniture?

Thanks for the ideas. But I was hoping to find an "invention" that I can purchase and can be easily fixed on to the inside of the furniture?

I don't follow Leo's first bit, but Shaz, his second sentence is the answer, get a small piece of wood, an inch or two will do, and screw it into the top of the back of the drawer on the inside, so that when it's turned down it's flush with the top of the drawer but when you put the drawer back in, then turn this up, the drawer can't come out. Nothing you will buy will be any more effective.

Back