Pressure washer suggestions please

I have a Karcher. I’ve found so many design flaws I should really invent my own.

Isn’t it easier to hire someone to do the job for you than to buy a new high pressure washer? There are many services that are ready to do the job and not expensive.
When my electric power washer went pear-shape I rang the equipment rental company enquiring how much it would cost to rent a petrol power washer and I was quoted €40.00 for 6 hours hire and was informed there would be an additional hourly charge if I returned the item late. Fair enough, this is their business and you are not pressganged into doing business with them. Six hours is not a great amount of time to get all you wish to be done. It was a no-brainer for me {I power-wash our daughter's homes along with some elderly neighbours (of course, I'm not old and I won't be old for another 10 years, at least)}.

Power washers need to be rested too due to possibility of over-heating. Petrol washers need more petrol than say the lawnmower. The user needs rest too, I hasten to add. That job might take more time than you think.

If you use a power washer to any great extent, then renting is not a good deal. [I did toy with the idea of sharing the cost of purchasing with my daughters, but card-carrying feminists that they are, declined my offer].

Personally I would find it cheaper to buy one, well obviously I only buy the Lidl version :) Hiring someone to do it would cost far more over a few years and hiring the machine ties me to doing it all in a set period of hours.

No expert - just thinking if u only have a few hours work then hire sounds like the way to go and u get a superior machine

It's amazing how long it can take, it's a full day job really and I prefer to spread it over a few days as you might not get a full fine day when you want it. Paths all around the house (standard bungalow), two patios and I do all the fascia and gutters as well.

Are they??
Yes, they are.

We’ve had an exceptionally long dry period of weather since March, co-incident with the C19 pandemic restrictions.
Also, with so many people at home, those made redundant, furloughed, WFH, etc, domestic usage is at an all time high.

They may be introducing a hosepipe ban in the coming days.

Hopefully if FF/FG/Green agree to coalition they will bring in water charges. After all, the last time each of them were in government that was on their individual agendas.

It's amazing how long it can take, it's a full day job really and I prefer to spread it over a few days as you might not get a full fine day when you want it. Paths all around the house (standard bungalow), two patios and I do all the fascia and gutters as well.
You use a power washer on a fine day? Why?
I can never understand when people do that. And having the surfaces presoaked by rainwater results in a superior finish.

Fine as in not raining while I'm doing it, it's cold enough work as it is, I like warmish and dry :)

Back