President Obama.

Are Irish Americans so stupid that they will vote for a President just because his grandfathers grandfather came from Irleand ?

Seeing that the people in Donegal South voted for a man who promised to get them cable television there is probably a line of stupidity in Irish voters allright

I enjoyed seeing him here. Seems like a decent bloke, but American speeches generally can be a bit cringey. I blame NBC and CNN, and probably good morning America too. Actually throw in Dan Rather as well. I agree with earlier poster in finding the Queen's visit much more significant.

A very political visit imho (all that baby kissing,hand-shaking and pint drinking was nauseating). You'd think he was the Messiah by the reaction of the Irish people. He couldn't wait to leave the country, I know ash cloud etc..

A bit over the top I think? He did seem to genuinely enjoy himself. Do we have to take the good out of everything?

A bit over the top I think? He did seem to genuinely enjoy himself. Do we have to take the good out of everything?

I didn't take the good out of the Queen's visit, but you left that section out of your quote!
As I said it was imho (in my humble opinion) and I think this forum is for that purpose?

A very political visit imho (all that baby kissing,hand-shaking and pint drinking was nauseating). You'd think he was the Messiah by the reaction of the Irish people.
I'd have to agree with that. He has little interest in Ireland. The overblown reception he received was unmerited.

Didnt see any of the Obama visit, so maybe that clouds my views, but thought the Queens visit was much more significant, lots of symbolism and a sense of history about it.

Air Force one pulled in for a pit stop, Barry jumps out for a few bags a tayto and a wing of hurl, got a cheer and pulled out again. Everyone happy but not one for the history books. Maybe I'll crank up RTE player and get into the vibe but I'm fairly sure there wont be much of substance on show. Looking forward to Inda's speech, lots of varying views & also Brendan Gleesons rallying cries (got 5 seconds on radio yesterday)

Back