presentation

P

purple

Hi all,
I have to do a presentation next week to a prospective customer. I have done a good few presentations in the past but this is a big one as it could result in business that would increase our company turnover by 50%.
I have to get hand-outs etc, which is no problem but I was wondering if there was a web site or such like (or even a book) that gives examples of good layouts for this sort of thing.
Any and all help appreciated...

I don't think templates are really the issue here. What is the nature of the presentation you need to give? What message do you want to deliver?

Hi Rainyday,
We are looking to take business from a major multinational engineering company that is supplying a major international medical devices company.
We already do a lot of this sort of work for the same sort of customers but they don't like anyone showing potential competitors their machines so I have to sell our capabilities without going into a lot of detail.
We need to demonstrate our technical ability, our quality and traceability and out supply chain management capability.
I can't go into details on a public forum due to confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements. All I can say is that it would provide about 20 extra well paid jobs for an Irish owned company in a poor part of Dublin.

I'd put templates to the back of your mind, and first of all concentrate on the messages you want to deliver. What are going to be the critical success factors that will win you this business - price? track record? Compliance with procedures?

Get these messages over in crisp, one-line bullet points with no more than 5-6 bullet points per slide. Push any wordy details out to an appendix to which they can refer later. Put an agenda at the start so the audience know what to expect. Make sure your content allows them to 'tick all the boxes' required to get you approved as a vendor (e.g. vendor contracts, non-disclosures, health & safety). Let them know what really makes you tick as a supplier, and why you will be better than your competitors for this role. Rehearse your presentation in front of a critical audience beforehand, so you get the actual words that you are going to use clear in your head before you stand up. Avoid gimmicky animations/fonts/colours - Keep it simple.

Rehearse your presentation in front of a critical audience beforehand
Friday night at the p*** up?? :p
Seriously though, the best of luck with it.

Forgot one important point (which sunnyday reminded me) - Best of luck & I hope it works out for you.

Thanks guys, don't let me bore the crap out of you tomorrow night.

Back