Present for wife for to mark birth of junior

Ret45

anyone got any good gift ideas for impending birth of junior? I know that anything practical would not be appreciated! spa weekend won't do it either. I was thinking jewellery but, although she says she likes it, I notice that wife doesn't wear stuff she already has very often.

any suggestions??

As a woman who never wears her jewellary unless i feel i need it i still am happy that i have a few "good pieces" that i can pull out for the special occasion. So don't rule out the bling altogether.
I would value a massage / facial voucher so she can slip out when she feels up to it and relax with you holding the babt but i guess it may sound impersonal.
Last year asked my SIL what she would like and she suggested I got her a got a bottle of posh wine as babs was not on draft and it was what she missed most when preggers.
If reallyt in doubt can you ask her sister/ mother for suggestions? would that be cheating?

Jewellary - an eternity ring is definately the way to go ... in spite of having 2 children and dropping numerous hints I'm still waiting for mine!

The most important thing is to consider what would she really like, that she would never spend the money on herself. A spa weekend or a bottle of wine will be goon very soon, but she will be getting up early, making bottles and dinners and playing taxi service for a long time.......( and she may never get her stomach muscles back).

Jewellery is a great idea, if you go with something special.
How about a designer handbag, or a designer outfit, if that is her thing.

Last edited:
A good eternity ring, no question.

It's entirely useless, looks fabulous, and will last a lifetime.

How about a good cigar, I know that I really enjoyed a pack of Monte Cristo No. 4 a couple of years ago, at least with a pack you can share the "love" :D

make an appointment with her hairdresser and mind the baby while she gets her tresses tended too. I'm a mammy of one three month old and I can't believe how hard it is to get time to even wash my hair so I think a pampering at the hairdressers would be appreciated, also a facial your skin goes to hell and you have no time to look after it. Oh and a voucher for a clothes shop she likes so she can buy something new till the old stuff fits again, if ever.
Buy her some gossip magazines, not vogue or anything too depressing to look at skinny models in gorgeous clothes, run her a bath, and make her take it. She needs you to insist on her looking after herself.
Tidy the house or get someone in to do it. Make tea without being asked. Put your clothes in the basket. Do anything you can to make sure she gets sleep.
Have you taken time off work? Take at least two weeks.
If think that she's the baby's servant and your hers you'll do very well.

sounds like I can't go wrong with a eternity ring. I'll starting looking up jewellers, has anyone bought jewellery over the net? - with the weak dollar it could be worth it (sounds romantic I know)

sounds like I can't go wrong with a eternity ring. I'll starting looking up jewellers, has anyone bought jewellery over the net? - with the weak dollar it could be worth it (sounds romantic I know)
[broken link removed]
This should do the trick. Congrats.

A nice bottle of perfume...

Silk pajamas....

But like previous posters most women would be chuffed with an eternity ring

I accept and acknowledge that childbirth must be extremely painful (I can only imagine) but I must admit to being a bit uncomfortable with the notion of offering a "reward" as if somehow this makes the pain go away.

Having a child is a joint decision and the entire pregnancy is a nervous time. But it's equally so for fathers and this is only as it should be. The best "present" a father can give is support and encouragement throughout the pregnancy, at the birth and in the months and years ahead.

I know of men who shower their wives with flowers, jewelry, etc but for them it's an the beginning and end of their involvement.

Back