Prepaid mobile wifi for using iPad in Canaries?

TreeTiger

My other half and I are heading to Tenerife for a couple of weeks later in the year and will be bringing our iPads for both personal use and some business use.

The hotel we are staying in charges €25 per week per device and reception can be a bit dodgy, therefore I was wondering if it might be possible to get prepaid mobile wifi - and if so, how?

TescoMobile €35/month, 30-day contract, SIM-only, unlimited calls & texts to Irish numbers (charges for premium numbers 1890, 1850 etc) 15GB data transfer. Check roaming T&Cs though and you'll need a network free phone. Tethering is permitted. Depending on phone you may need a hot-spot app installed like Joikuspot for €9 once-off purchase.

There should be hundreds of free wi-fi hotspots.........if the hotel is not up to scratch, find a cafe or bar that is........

Thanks mathepac, that's very interesting - I had assumed I'd need to get whatever solution in the Canaries.

26cb - hotel is very isolated, no bars or cafes around!

TescoMobile €35/month, 30-day contract, SIM-only, unlimited calls & texts to Irish numbers (charges for premium numbers 1890, 1850 etc) 15GB data transfer. Check roaming T&Cs though and you'll need a network free phone. Tethering is permitted. Depending on phone you may need a hot-spot app installed like Joikuspot for €9 once-off purchase.

Tesco mobile don't provide data on roaming.

There should be hundreds of free wi-fi hotspots.........if the hotel is not up to scratch, find a cafe or bar that is........

Tenerife has a few WiFi hotspots but its certainly not common(I found McDs to be reliable)

Back