Premier Square Apartments on the Finglas Road

Curious me

Hi,
Any comments or views out there on Premier Square apartments on the Finglas Road. Thinking of buying a two bed apartment in the final phase of development.
All comments much appreciated:D
Martina

Re: Premier Square Apartments

What exactly are you looking to find out?

Theres a bus stop right outside that brings you into the city centre. Buses are normally full when they get there though having gone around Finglas first. Tesco is 2 minutes away. Superquinn is in the village. Lidl and Aldi are up twoards the M50.
3 or 4 cab companies in Finglas Village.
About 5 pubs in the village. Few more in Phibsboro which is only up the road towards town.
There seems to be a lot of non-nationals living in there not that thats bad or anything.

Any specific questions? I only live up the road and can probably answer most.

Martina,

I'm from Glasnevin and still living there at the moment and had a look at them when I was house hunting. Decided to go further afield and buy a house because it's a house that I wanted and could only afford 1 bed apt there.

One bed was 235K on ground floor last year, but I'm sure this is gone up.

I like the apartments with the round windows from the first phase. My brother said he was in one of them as friends were living there and it was lovely.

Have you had a look at the apartments opposite them?

Pros: Good location, close to town. Beside public transport...Lots of 40s into city centre. It's across from Clearwater Shopping Ctr or Janelle as it used to be called. Also close enough to Finglas Village etc.

Ardmore Hotel just opened which is a plus.

There is underground parking as well as surface parkign so the whole area so your not lookign out onto a dense car park.

Negatives: doesn't seem to be any play area for children or any green area but I could be wrong. And there are children living there because I've seen the toys on balconys.

The are so many identical buildings and they seem close together.

I can't remember if it was electric heating.

All in all the location is great. I'd have considered buying one if in my price range. I liked Cityside better as there was lots of open space - this is on the Jamestown Road. I also looked the new apartments in Hampton Wood recently. These were a lot more affordable. A one bed in Cityside started at €205K last year. A one bed in Hampton Wood start from €200K this year if I remember correctly.

Have a look at all the developments in the area. If you go to Addison Lodge near Botanic Gardens you'll see that these are much much more expensive. Can't remember since it was well above my price range, even for the one bed.

Best of luck.

Thanks a million lads was just looking for general comments really. Am from Phibsboro myself so know the area pretty well. Was more curious about the actual apartments themselves. 2 beds cost €330,000 which was a bit more expensive than I thought they would be. The show room seemed pretty decent. Seen some other developments and the apartments seemed that bit better but the location of Premier Square is great - near the Diggers always a good thing!. I know someone who rents in Premier Square and they seemed to think that they have gone down hill a bit in recent times (bit of joyriding that kind of thing). Have been frantically looking at houses since but they seem that bit too expensive. Also wondered if there was a lot of noise from the road at night.
Martina

I wouldn't say there's that much noise at night. Anytime I've driven down there late there hasn't been that much traffic at all.

Best thing to do would be to take a spin down there a couple of times at night or during day and see what you think.At the weekend etc. Have a drink in the Ardmore Hotel.

Is there nothing in phibsboro for €330? Not even a tiny house? I just think €330 is a lot for an apartment in Finglas. Perhaps its on a higher floor as the price increases as you go up the block. What sq footage do you get for €330K? How much are second hand ones going for there? 2 bedroom apt in Hampton Wood start from 235K, most expensive 265K - 280K. You'd get a 3 bed house or duplex for 330K. I know it's that little bit further out but it's still in Dublin and accessible enough.

How much are the apartments across the road from Premier Sq...I don't think they look as nice with the purple exterior and pointy corner.

The apartments beside mountjoy...how much were they...just for comparison. I know the ones facing the canal have lots of light but the ones facing the prison had smaller windows.

Riverview apartments on richmond road sold for 320 plus for 2 bed from plans only - parking space extra.
Grace Park Road 2 bed 405K including parking ouch...

But everything new and second hand in phibsboro, drumcondra glasnevin area has gone up a lot recently because so close to town.

Best of luck with whatever you go for.

Hi, i just bought an apartment in the last phase of Premier Square, but it wont be ready for another few weeks. Was just wondering if any existing owners could give me their view on the apartments eg. quality of the finish, noise levels, cleanliness of common areas, increased value etc...

thanks in advance!

To be honest I haven't heard great things about Premier Square. I know two people living there in different apartments and both are actively looking to move out because of the noise.
If I were you I would look at buying a house elsewhere in Finglas. Property prices in the area seem to have increased hugely over the last 12 months and will continue to do so given that it is not too far from town - a house may not be as handy as Premier Square but would be a safer bet in my book.

I know someone who lives in premier square and they love it. they've been there 12 months now and i have to say from my visits there i'd give it top marks..it's very quiet at night and there has been no vandalism that I am aware of. somebody mentioned non-nationals - shame on you..yes, there are some, but like most people in premier square, they all are profesisonals from what i can gather and they all seem unfailingly polite. the build and quality of the 2 bed, which i gather has gone up in value from the 298k, seems v good. the best thing is the buses which come every 5 minutes..the bus corridor to town is brilliant and at night it's a short taxi ride. i think the new prospect hill dev across the road will further enhance the area

Art mentions the noise???!!! my friend's apartment overlooks the road and she says she doesn't notice it much at all...the impression i get when i visit is that it's full of professionals and well maintained. there's also a full -time night man on duty.

The noise I referred was the noise coming from the other apartments. I may be wrong though - 2 people is hardly a very representative sample. It is the only thing I've heard about it though.

Thanks for the replys guys. I pushed my budget to get a top floor apartment(now I'm skint for the next 30 years!), there is no way that I could afford a top floor apartment in Royal Canal Park or the Northwood apartments, so I'm pretty happy I've a penthouse apt this close to town.

you are throwing money away buying in premier square. lanesborough, cityside & charlestown which are only a stones throw away are much better value for money. i am familiar with both areas and advise anybody these ares are better serviced have bigger units and less car crime. premier square is pure finglas premier dairies if you want people from outside north dublin to think you live in glasnevin fair enough but if you are into rent yields and value for money do not be drawn in by the concept of premier square.

Antimonarch....better serviced by what? I looked at all of those developments and found that they were somewhat isolated if you wanted to rely on public transport for commuting with much less choice of bus than Premier Square which is on the bus corridor into town.

In parts of Lanesborough theres no way you could walk to a shop, its too far. I'm not under any illusions about living in Glasnevin. Premier Square is very definitely Finglas as is Lanesborough and Cityside..so I'm not really sure what your point is?

i'm staggered by some of the snobbery and sarcasm on the board about certain areas and developments. i know from spending a lot of time in premier square that it's well-kept, perfectly respectable, close to the city and with few problems. i wish people would base their postings on first hand experience rather than throwing out these cranky put downs based on little more than a personal dislike of an area. antimonarch talks about being "familiar" with finglas and some of the new developments. it doesn't seem like it. try and be constructive guys - and fair. premier square is going to do very well for those who bought there.

I'd like to remind people that moderation is the reponsibility of the moderators. If you feel someone has made an inappropriate post, use the icon to report it. If it's not that serious, which is the case here, just ignore it.

I am sick and tired of seeing threads in LLL develop into people getting personal. People are entitled to their opinions within reason. Refer to our Posting Guidelines, namely, attack the post and not the poster.

Now let me be clear-I have threatened to lock threads in LLL in the past, but have not done so, yet. We have banned one individual for comments made in LLL, and will not hesitate to do so again.

I hope that is clear to all who are contributing to this thread.

Keep it on topic, keep it civilised, and pay heed to the Posting Guidelines.

Cityside etc are served by the 19* and 40* bus routes which are 5mins walk from the developments. Fair enough they don't go by the front door like Premier Square, but what's 5mins walk.

There's now a fairly large eurospar beside Cityside as well.

And of course there's the new Bovale town centre development coming on line which will have Dunnes Stores, other shops, hotel and cinema.

I'd reckon much of a muchness between the two areas. Maybe the walking distance to a shop and cinema might clinch it for Cityside.

have been living here for almost 1 year now and I cannot wait for my lease to end so i can leave.
Horrible apartments to live in, inconsiderate neighbours, major problems with music/parties in blocks 2 & 3.
Management Company, laughable, ewas told to f*** off once when I called.
24 hour security is noe more. Lucky if you see him twice a week.
Parking was a nightmare, not so bad now.

Back