Premanently remove GU10 downlights

if some people are still finding the 2w led's a bit dim you could try the 11w cfl's its still way less electricity been used over the 50w gu10 just another option

Hi everyone.

the best i have seen is low voltage lighting with a 30watt blub that gives the same light output as a 50watt. then stick a dimmer on to dim it futher. better than any led or cfl. low voltage blubs produce two and a half times as much light as incadescent lights and the blubs last up to 20,000 hours of use.

all low voltage halogen bulb can last up to 2000 hours, depends how often switching them, so about 1500 hours is real time. 12V- MR16 they are little more efficient than 230V - GU10. All halogen spotlights 12 and 230V should not be dim, if you decrees voltage the lifetime is dropping rapidly.
They would be ban soon so LED and CFL only.

Hi everyone.

the best i have seen is low voltage lighting with a 30watt blub that gives the same light output as a 50watt. then stick a dimmer on to dim it futher. better than any led or cfl. low voltage blubs produce two and a half times as much light as incadescent lights and the blubs last up to 20,000 hours of use.

Hi everyone.

I'll have to row in and disagree, here. I'm fed up with changning LV bulbs, and the occasional transformer as well, and have now changed out 10 to 240v 2W LED's instead.

Back