Pre-sales inspection

lissard

Can anyone out there recommend a mechanic for a pre-sales car inspection. I have checked the AA and they are all booked up for the next week. The garage I am buying from do not want me to take the car off the forecourt - so a mechanic who will travel is what I am looking for. The car is in the Dublin area.

would they even let you test drive it?
I would never buy a car without a test drive

would they even let you test drive it?
I would never buy a car without a test drive

I did test drive the car - I'm not a complete eegit! Just want to be 100% sure. I gave it a good check myself but I'm no mechanic and would not be able to pick up on subtle faults or internal engine issues such as a timing belt.

What make?

If say a Toyota I'd call into your local dealer and ask the service manager if he knew anyone who'd do the job for you.

Thanks for the replies. It's a 99 1.6 Focus in Dublin. Just passed its NCT and it's covered by a 6 month parts and labour warranty. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm worrying about something that's not really a problem and I can get away without an extra inspection. Mind you, who knows I might be posting about problems with a '99 focus in the near future ;)

Back