Prague hotel recommendations?

babydays

Going to Prague in a couple of weeks and looking to book a hotel for 3 nights.
Hoping to keep the cost to approx E120 per night.

Have no clue about districts in Prague - what area should I be looking in? Want to be able to be in walking distance to the attractions, museums, restaurants etc.

Is there a particular website that has the best prices for the hotels?

Tks in advance!

Stay in the Old Town area. Praha 1. Sorry don't know about hotels but definitely know the area to stay in!

Try Hotel Julian...stayed there last year on recommendation from someone on this site. Was grand for the money.

I know you say you want to be within walking distance of all the attractions but you may not know that Prague has a fabulous metro service. We stayed in the 5 star Corinthia Towers ( very reasonable for the quality) which has a metro stop directly outside the front door . The time to the "Museum Station " in wencelas square is about ten mins . As for the frequency of trains sufficent to say that if you are entering the station and see a train at the platform there is no need to run to catch it as another will be along in a couple of mins. The LUAS it is not.
Enjoy this beautiful city.

i stayed at hotel william the last time i stayed in Prague

http://www.prague-spot.com/hotel/hotel-william

this is the main site for it and it says €150 a double room (this was in april ) but i got it a way cheaper when i used i think it was hotels.com at the time

this was so central - u did'nt need to get a taxi at all- its close to the child of prague church handy landmark-2 minutes if u need mass !
5 minutes to the charles bridge, "subway " on the same street as u walk towards the bridge.
Also there were lovely pubs accross the street real prague style and one immediately next to the hotel i 'm not sure if they are still there but the pints lovely were incredably cheap- it was a matter of pointing literally at the drinks though- as they did'nt speak our lingo and the we did'nt speak to bar mans lingo but it was in a lovely area

found this link which seems to be a lower price for the same hotel
[broken link removed]

hotel julien is'nt that far out of the main center either

Thanks everyone for the tips.

I've discovered there is an abundance of hotels in prague!

I'm particularly interested in the maxilillian Hotel and the Majestic Plaza - both around E110 per night. The former is in a great location and looks fantastic - it's very close to all but just a little removed to allow for some quiet!

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

Haven't booked yet - spoiled for choice. My husband says he's looking forward to sleeping under a bridge as I haven't booked yet.....

just wanted to report on the hotel we finally choose:

hotel maria - part of the falkensteiner group of hotels.
[broken link removed]

E76 per double room, including full use of (small but perfect!) wellness centre (sauna, steam room, relaxation room, fitness studio), fantastic buffet breakfast, helpful & friendly (but unobtrusive) staff, comfortable rooms etc etc. 10 minute walk from the old square.

We were VERY happy with it. Can recommend it wholeheartedly.

Just back from Prague last week and stayed at Andel's Hotel. Modern hotel on a quiet street, beautiful large bedroom overlooking courtyard (no street noises), state of the art bathroom, brilliant breakfast. Managed to get a bargain also
As the transport system is so good and cheap there's no need to stay in city centre. Hotel has it's own taxi. Tram, bus or metro are within 50 metres of hotel and will take you to city centre in 8 minutes.
Perhaps this is useful to someone

Going to Prague in a couple of weeks and looking to book a hotel for 3 nights.
Hoping to keep the cost to approx E120 per night.

Have no clue about districts in Prague - what area should I be looking in? Want to be able to be in walking distance to the attractions, museums, restaurants etc.

Is there a particular website that has the best prices for the hotels?

Tks in advance!

www.hotelrott.cz (Nothing like it's name :)) I stayed here last week for 3 nights. Paid E100 per room per night for 2 people with breakfast. 4 star hotel literally 1 minute from the old town square. Room was very clean and comfortable. Air con, mini-bar, safe, tv. Bathroom was spacious with hairdryer, heated towel rail etc. Staff were helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay again.

TIP: There's a hotel in the old town square called Hotel U Prince. On the 6th (?) floor there's a fab roof terrace. Views are great and the food is lovely. Extensive wine and cocktail list. Highly recommended

Enjoy!

I know you say you want to be within walking distance of all the attractions but you may not know that Prague has a fabulous metro service. We stayed in the 5 star Corinthia Towers ( very reasonable for the quality) which has a metro stop directly outside the front door . The time to the "Museum Station " in wencelas square is about ten mins . As for the frequency of trains sufficent to say that if you are entering the station and see a train at the platform there is no need to run to catch it as another will be along in a couple of mins. The LUAS it is not.
Enjoy this beautiful city.

I live close to the Green LUAS line and I never run for one because I know there will be another tram shortly.

My brother worked at the ticket machines on the green line when it first opened. Said he was amazed at the number of people you would run and refused to believe him that the next tram was five minutes behind.

I stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel in 2003. It's an American chain (similar to Hilton). It is located in a central location but away from the noise. The hotel is a bit 80's but the rooms are MASSIVE and very clean. The buffet breakfast sets you up for the day. The bottom line is that I would stay there again.

Back