ppi with AIB

goozeremlu

I have a query about ppi if it’s ok to post here? Myself and partner had a joint loan in 2009 with aib, they sent me a letter enticing me into buying ppi.
Which we did
My partner then lost his job during the span of time we had the loan and they refused to let use utilize the ppi to help with repayments. Which was my understanding of ppi in the first place! Is it worth pursuing it or has too much time passed since?

I also had ppi on a loan with my credit union for years, then when I wanted to top up the loan to get a car, they no longer offered the ppi and made me cancel it or they wouldn’t approve the loan, I haven’t heard of anyone else being affected that way and I can’t find any info online about it

Any advice whatsoever would help as I’m totally clueless in these matters!

What do you mean they refused to let you utilize it? They couldn't just refuse for the hell of it, there must have been some reason why you didn't qualify for it, that would be the basis to check if it every suited your needs day one. Was it wrongly sold to you is what you need to find out.

Mind you I'm not sure if the length of time makes it pointless or not but someone else will probably advise on that :)

Thanks, I honestly can’t remember at the time why they wouldn’t pay out, they obviously gave enough reason for me to not Persue it at the time. He was made redundant about 6minths after we took loan out. I have letters stating the ppi was suitable for us etc, but didn’t get any documentation in relation to my attempt to claim.

The credit union one has me driven demented though haha

Back