Power shower

doing the same at the moment myself have a look at www.showerpower.ie looks good price wise and make also. D'ont know how good their installation is, someone else may have experience of them???

We put one of these [broken link removed] in just over a year ago and were happy with it. However we recently got a combi boiler and had to put in a thermostatic mixer shower as combi boilers and power showers are not compatible. We have found that the new shower gives far more pressure than the Triton power shower did.

Hi folks.Hope you don't mind me jumping on the bandwagon. But how exactly does a power shower work. Is it more costly to install and to run and does it use up more electricity to pump up more water and is there much difference in say a standard Triton/Mira shower to an actual Power Shower. Many thanks

power shower is just an electric pump coupled with either a manual or thermostatic shower valve. they don't heat the water just pump and mix it. so you must have hot water i.e hot water cylinder. much more pressure and volume then an electric shower. not more costly to install depending on circumstances. Electric showers are expensive to run as they heat water instantly and need much more electricity to acheive this. I would have a power shower over an electric shower any day of the week providing i had hot water.
electris showers really struggle in winter when water is colder and needs more time to bring up to temperture. By the way Triton and Mira make power showers also!

If you want to install a pumped power shower, your plumber may recommend a change to a higher capacity hot water cylinder, and its worth considering.

That's great thanks. Definitely prefer the power shower idea as I find the electric showers really weak. Thanks for the info !

Can someone recommend a place to get a pump, and the price ?
Is it difficult to install them? The bathroom is right beside the hot-press (where the pump would go I assume).
Need to sort out the trickly in my shower over the bath (and the bath itself!). Dual feed needed.

Just got aqualisa aquastream installed and it's fantastic. Would highly recommend. It was €485 for the unit from Daly Bros in Dundalk, another €450 for the install (both plumber and electrician needed). Expensive, but as I live in a very low water pressure area (Balbriggan), I consider it a necessity.

Also, I had a few questions about which shower would work best for me and contacted the customer services department in Aqualisa - they were very helpful.

I have this [broken link removed]

It was recommended to me by my electrician.

I would definitely recommend that you get a thermostatically controlled shower, which ensures that your shower stays the same temperature even if someone in another room turns on a tap.

The power is great and I bought an extra large head for it. We absolutely love it

If you have a power shower in an ensuite and an ordinary (not electric) shower in the main bathroom is there limitations to using both at the same time i.e. will hot water only be available in one shower at a time.

Just got aqualisa aquastream installed and it's fantastic. Would highly recommend. It was €485 for the unit from Daly Bros in Dundalk, another €450 for the install (both plumber and electrician needed). Expensive, but as I live in a very low water pressure area (Balbriggan), I consider it a necessity.

Also, I had a few questions about which shower would work best for me and contacted the customer services department in Aqualisa - they were very helpful.

I'm getting my bathroom re done in next few months. We reckon we may as well replace the shower while we are doing the rest of the tiles/fittings/rad etc. I live in low pressure area also (sandyford - very noticeable since we moved from stillorgan believe it or not... just down the road!!). So I think power shower is way to go. we have a fab heating system which means in the summer we have constant hot water, from having the heating on for a few hours in any one day. We have a mira electric shower at the moment, would there be substantial
cost in replacing with power shower? Also does it use much more water than the electric showers? any advice much appreciated!!!

Just bought a Triton AS2000XT online at [broken link removed] for STG£187 including delivery (about €238). Arrived in 2 days.

Same shower in Ireland was €365 minimum.

Last edited:
Have had an aqualisa for 4 years now, ahve used the Triton t90 about twice since then.

They're pricey but damn good showers.

I can recomend showerpower.ie. I have no affiliation whats so ever they just did a really great job recently for us. Very good quality and instalation perfect. The prices seem very reasonable as well.

Justin is the guys name.

Back