Power City 'retsocking fee'

Status
Not open for further replies.
No dimensions were given on THEIR webpage and THEY told me not to worry because it would fit as they are all standard sizes.

I would imagine ,that in this case,the appliance was a standard height, but the worktop was fitted lower than standard height.

I would imagine ,that in this case,the appliance was a standard height, but the worktop was fitted lower than standard height.

In fact the 'skirting board' was taller than normal but this was only apparent after dismantling a blank cover.

Retailers have to be protected too, if consumers were allowed to return purchases for any reason, retailers' overheads would soar. We'd all pay the price then.

Jaysus what an understanding lot. From the majority of threads in this forum I think it's evident that retailers have adequate protection but some choose to ignore consumers rights for their own gain, in the belief that there is always another punter around the corner, well times have changed. I was simply looking for decent customer service when spending my money in the Republic. Well amazon is looking more and more attractive. Once bitten....

@ Pacific,

what rights should you have? Its your fault the appliance didnt fit, not Power City's. How can you expect them to know that you have larger than normal skirting board?

It is up to you to make sure you take measurements of the area in which the appliance is to be fitted and then check the appliance before buying. You didnt do either of these and then expected Power City to take back something because of your lack of planning?

And then you attack people on this site for giving their opinions based on their expertise and knowledge, which from my own experience, the members on this site have in bucket loads.

@ Pacific,
And then you attack people on this site for giving their opinions based on their expertise and knowledge, which from my own experience, the members on this site have in bucket loads.

More opinions not experiences. Attacking!? Please - you are very thin skinned. My experience is for the benefit of others with similar experiences when it comes to purchasing and if it helps than it is doing some good. But please get off your soapbox - really don't need lectures. Let's keep a lid on it.

@ Pacific,Its your fault the appliance didnt fit

Covered earlier - it wasn't - no measurements supplied and assured it would.

It's about proper customer service as well as legal rights and the more consumers get the better.

As I already said if I was treated better in the beginning than the issue would have been resolved immeadiately. Let's not punish people for shopping in the country.

Pacific,

Facts are, you did not measure the space, you did not ask for measurements, you did not measure the appliance yourself. Powercity delivered a standard size appliance to you and it wouldnt fit.

Who is at fault here?

YOU!

And in relation to the law regarding the "restocking fee" and the "cooling off period" for online purchases,

You are lucky the law covers you so far as to say that you have 7 days to decide if you want to keep the product, and you can change your mind for whatever reason.

This law totally contradicts the laws for normal sales of goods and services in Ireland.

Sometimes when everyone else seems to be wrong, you need to reevaluate your position!

Thread closed for multiple breeches of PGs.
Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back