Posting Guidelines

As most of the necessary financial advice has been provided on the thread to-date and some of the posts are now of a lecturing nature perhaps
Parazard2 would prefer at this stage for the thread to be closed off? It can always be opened in the future if they want to do an update.

Hi Parazard2,

As I had promised in the post above that you could post an update (I had envisaged perhaps a few months) just send me a PM of what you wanted to add/update and I will post it on your behalf :) The thread will remain closed for non-moderator input.

S.E.
 
Am I permitted to copy and paste a Youtube clip into a question and ask people for their comments? Its an Irish 'Retire a 60' with a €250k, €500k and €1M pension pot video. I thought it was interesting but it made certain assumptions and didn't include a reduction in spend in later years.

If it is permitted I'd like to ask other if there were nuances to the calculations/assumptions that are relevant.
 
You are free to post a link to it.

I've seen ads that use terms very similar to the above, may not be the same thing but if you trace them, you'll see they are being paid for by random India based business with no obvious financial services offerings. I've reported a couple of them and Google have removed them for breach of their terms.
 
19 Please write clearly and avoid using text speak or all capital letters
Please take a little time to write your post carefully. Use complete sentences. Use paragraphs for longer posts. Do not use Text Speak. Internet etiquette dictates that ALL UPPERCASE TEXT is considered at best hard to read and at worst rude ("SHOUTING") so please avoid posting messages or subject lines in upper case only. If everything you type is in uppercase then make sure that your Caps Lock key is not inadvertently engaged.

Can we include in this something about avoiding acronyms/initialisms?

Try not to use acronyms or initialisms without explaining them first. It can be confusing when a thread is full of abbreviations like “ABC” or “XYZ” with no context. If you want to use one, please define it the first time you mention it — for example, “Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA)”. Not everyone will be familiar with technical or specialist terms, and some acronyms can have multiple meanings.
 
Did we not have an TLA/MLA explainer thread at one stage? If we don't, can we start one and I'll volunteer to maintain it?

Maybe within How To Use Akaboutmoney? Here is the lingo we use in here, tech, monetary, political, internet, motoring, legal, etc.
 
We did indeed. YHAGM!

 
the link in the welcome email is broken.
I can't post, it it is titled "how-to-ask-a-question-on-aam-and-how-to-reply-updated.192079"
 
Thanks Nordie

I have corrected it now.

It has been wrong for a very long time and no one reported it, so I really appreciate it.

Brendan
 
Last edited:
Back
Top