Postal address Taken

HI All

Recently I have an issue with my neighbour , they have taken our postal address !

Our ( number 18) house is the last house in a cul de sac , the house next door to us say number 17 has now been split into 2 units.
The management company who let the house has informed the renters that one unit is 17 and the other is 18. Hello they have just banged in our address.

I have treid to speak with the occupnats but they do not want to know , the management company will not answer my letters or calls.

I have run out of patience as some of my mail is now going next door as they have erected a postbox and door number with our address , 18.

Help what can i do , surely some sort of laws are being broken here as some of my mail has been dropped into my box , opened.

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH

Contact An Post. They seem to be in charge of addresses. WHo knows, maybe they'll let you call yourself Askabout Mansion, Foxrock........ there may be a bright side.

I presume you could report it to the gaurds....someone is basically imitating you....or an even faster way to get everyones attention...grab your post man in the morning, explain what has happened....and have him deliver every single letter to your house....hes not breaking any rules...hes delivering it as he should....and don't bother your This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language giving any letters back in for a while...they'll soon get the message I would think.

Re: ..

In other cases I've seen like this, the new house normally becomes No 17a

Murt

17a

It should of course have been 17a. However, the owner/management company no doubt realise that people don't like living in 17a - they think it sounds like half a house (which it is), so took 18 instead. I'd:
(a) Chat to your local postman, explain the problem, and get all the #18 stuff delivered to you.
(b) If the owner/management company have ignored your previous efforts, send a stiff solicitor's letter and see if that scares them into line.
They're chancing their arm, but haven't a leg to stand on (to mix metaphors).

Hi 90210,

Besides contacting An Post I would be inclined to contact your local county council because IMHO they are responsible for issuing a no. to a house. I clearly remember when our house changed many moons ago from a site no. they allocated the new nos. and on planning applications they usually issue 17a as previously stated.

I agree with above. house numbers should either be 17a +17b or 17 amd 17a. If you received any voting cards etc for the euro elections last may you will have proof that you live in 18. this will still be in the voters register.

As above contact local council - as far as I remember they are responsible for this. In fact it may even need to be an issue which is addressed during planning. My sister built a new house in her garden (had end house on a main road) but it's perpendicular to her old house rather than just beside it and so the entrance is around the corner from her old house and therefore on a different road. The road just around the corner consider themselves to be much "posher" than those on the main road and were up in arms about having a new house on "their" road but there was nothing they could do about it. Do also contact An Post to complain about mail not being delivered.

Sorted

I berated the management Company vis a vis the above and i can confirm that they sent someone out to change the number on the door and the postbox today.

They were very off the cuff about the whole thing until i told them i would have the police involved.

The called it number 17 and 17 Flat A.

I still have some post belonging to the poor sods , they might get it tomorrow but it depends how i feel.

"I still have some post belonging to the poor sods"

Just makes one wonder if they have anything important belonging to you. Best to double check that you are not missing any new credit cards/statements etc. The banks have warned recently that they expect identity fraud to be on the up because of the tightening up with Chip and PIN.

Still can't get over the brass neck of the management company to firstly do this and to then ignore your initial protests.

Back