Post count and placing

gearoidmm

The person who is 271st on the list of members when organised according to how many posts they have has exactly 271 posts (kudos to Clubman, no-one will ever catch you, in fact there's a great series on [broken link removed] that's just right for you). I was wondering if this is a once off (same no posts and same place in post list) or could it potentially happen again.

Completely pointless question I know, but bugging me for the past few days

The person who is 271st on the list of members when organised according to how many posts they have has exactly 271 posts (kudos to Clubman, no-one will ever catch you, in fact there's a great series on [broken link removed] that's just right for you). I was wondering if this is a once off (same no posts and same place in post list) or could it potentially happen again.

Completely pointless question I know, but bugging me for the past few days

Wow, I'm 14th (good job it measures quantity rather than quality). I never checked that before.
BTW, you must be really bored this morning.

Dear me, I've just worked out how to do this. I'm in tenth place and I'm not a moderator or administrator. I think I'd better get a hobby.:eek:

Where is the placing shown or did you count down to 271st place?

BTW I used post on The Money Bag a Uk site which at one stage had interesting posts about demutualisation but eventually a few of the posters got caught up in a race for posts so any sort of silly stuff was posted and the site degenerated.

I've made posts ( in forums other than "The Depths") yet my post count seems to be constantly stuck at . What gives?

I've made posts ( in forums other than "The Depths") yet my post count seems to be constantly stuck at . What gives?

Posts in 'The Depths' or 'Great Financial Debates' do not count towards the post count.
Leo

Where is the placing shown or did you count down to 271st place?

BTW I used post on The Money Bag a Uk site which at one stage had interesting posts about demutualisation but eventually a few of the posters got caught up in a race for posts so any sort of silly stuff was posted and the site degenerated.

It says it at the top of the page on the right hand side. Bad and all as I am, I didn't count all the way through. Just playing with the buttons.

Yes - that seems quite odd - you only have 21 posts but yet you can post in LoS.

Maybe Clubman has introduced a quality algorithm into the post count functionality that rates the correctness of each post on the Clubman Index (+5 for factually correct and referenced information, +2 for ironing references, -5 for personal opinion and -10,000 for any mention of "rip-off")?

Quantity rather than quality or both? ;)

You tell me.:(

The way I did it ( which may be very very wrong)- go to the members list, see the columns with headings of name, date, posts etc. Click on the heading 'posts' and it comes up in numerical order of posts.

:D
Clubman Index (+5 for factually correct and referenced information, +2 for ironing references, -5 for personal opinion and -10,000 for any mention of "rip-off")?
:D

Doesn't ClubMan's count include his total from the old AAM website? Wasn't there a problem with carrying over the counts to the new site that CM fixed for his own count using SQL but everyone else had their counters reset. Academic anyway as he'd still be in the lead without the previous count contributing to his total.

Maybe Clubman has introduced a quality algorithm into the post count functionality that rates the correctness of each post on the Clubman Index (+5 for factually correct and referenced information, +2 for ironing references, -5 for personal opinion and -10,000 for any mention of "rip-off")?

Always top drawer; inspirational.
What do flirting posts garner then? ;)

Back