Possible to switch to Ulster Bank in 5 weeks?

McMilly

We're looking at switching our mortgage from Haven to UB to avail of the 4-year 2.6% fixed rate, but I've just been informed that it ends on 25 October. Is it completely unrealistic to expect the process to be done and dusted that quickly?

We have most of the documentation ready and have requested anything else we need, and our solicitor was prompt when we used him for the purchase, but even at that I'm concerned we're wasting our time. We're with Haven and I've found them worse than useless at getting back with information, so I'd be concerned they would hold things up too.

Does that date apply to just having an application submitted, loan offer stage or drawn down? That is the important info really, I seriously doubt you could get a mortgage drawn down in 5 weeks from start to finish, you could (should but it's UB) be able to get to loan offer stage in that time.

As far as I'm aware it's the date of drawdown, but I have mailed to check this is the case. I know when we were doing our mortgage application the first time the rates on the date of drawdown were the rates we would get, so I'm assuming that's the case here too.

True in general but often banks give a final date for drawdown of a specific rate offer which covers those in the pipeline.

Back