Possible Laser card security issue?

J

jdn

Hi,
I received my laser card pin number yesterday and I noticed that my account number and sort code are printed on the front of the envelope. Is this normal for banks to do this? I mean anyone who seen the envelope, who was interested, as it went through the postal system now has my Name, Address and bank account details. Is there any security risk in this??

My other concern is that I had applied for this laser card 1 month ago. Having not received it after 3 weeks, I rang them and they said it was sent out along with a pin 24hrs after I applied but I never received it at all. Anyone could have received the card and pin. They were quiet blasé about it and said they would just send out another one.
Shouldn't they have been more concerned as anyone could have accessed my account?
I have the pin number now but not the card. I thought the card gets sent first?

Any Thoughts?

Well I certainly wouldn't be happy to have my personal bank details going through the postal system on the front of an envelope. The card is usually sent out first.

Depends on what Bank it is. Ulster Bank send the pin number first. The question about your accountnumber wouldnt' bother me tbh - its on any cheque you write.

What bank is this with? Seems very odd that such details would be sent out this way. I thought that those security printed envelopes were usually themselves enclosed in a normal envelope too?

Back