poll clerk position

helens

very sorry if this has been posted previously
I applied for polling clerk and got a call to say I got it
just wondering does anyone know what the rate off pay is and how I will be taxed.
im at home since july with 3 kids as I didn't return to work after maternity leave due to childcare costs. so my husband has our credits and the homcarers credit
thanks so much in advance

Hi Helen - I can't offer advice in relation to your questions, but just in relation to the post itself. You've opened it in the incorrect forum, so responses will be limited (if any).

Moderators - can you move the post ?

Would you not just ask the local authority how much it is? They'll know, everyone else who didn't do it last year will be guessing.

how I will be taxed.
im at home since july with 3 kids as I didn't return to work after maternity leave due to childcare costs. so my husband has our credits and the homcarers credit
It should be taxed under PAYE.
The first 7,200 of your income in a year is tax free (as you have your PAYE credit that you can't transfer to spouse). Above 7,200 your homecarers credit begins to reduce.
There might be PRSI if it's above the weekly threshold of 352.

By the way it is very lucrative but a very very very long day.
My mother does it. Make sure to bring snacks and drinks as you wont' be able to leave during the day. Also make sure you get your postal vote in advance as well. They usually do a training day so factor that in too.

Back