VHI PMI0710

Silcon

Hi would be delighted for some help. Mine and my 3 year old health insurance is up in a few days.

We are with vhi pmi4316 and one plan extra.

What is important is Semi private room n private hospital and good day to day. I would like my little girl to have consultant visits on her plan as was born with birth mark that has gone down now due to excellent consultant but I have seen how much it costa if need to see a consultant a lot

We thought about moving to hubby plan with laya simply connect but see shortfall of 175 a night for high tech hospitals

I am looking at vhi company plan 1.3 and pmi0710. Both look good only difference I can see is pmi0710 has full cover for high tech hospitals and you only pay one time it you are admitted to private hospital.

I was thinking of changing my 3 year old to this plan too so she would have money on day to day like consultants

I have no idea what the high tech hospitals are. We are based in the south west so don't even know if we need them

I'm just trying to get good plan for me and my daughter any insight would be much appreciated

Last edited:
Can anyone give me any advise. Is pmi0710 good option for me and my 3 year old. Renewal is 15th so only few days to make a decision. Thanks

Hi Silcon,

Welcome to AAM.

Firstly, regarding the hi-tech hospitals, they are all based in Dublin so they may not be that relevant to you unless there was a particular
consultant or type of treatment recommended and only available in those hospitals. They are an extra option available if a long waiting list was
a problem. There are 3 hi-tech hospitals in Dublin, Blackrock Clinic, Mater Private and Beacon hospital.

They are fully covered on your existing plans anyway and the plans I will recommend will also cover these hospitals if ever needed for any reason.
One extra advantage of these hospitals on your plan is they offer a range of childrens surgery and treatments for children over 3 years.

Child Options worth considering;
1. VHI Company Plan Extra Level 1; price 377pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, no excess to pay for any private/hi-tech
admissions or day case procedures. There is no excess to pay in any public hospital. Very good day to day cover on this plan, refund of 75%
for consultant visits, gp visits etc. This plan is identical to One Plan Extra with very good day to day included.

2. VHI 07 10; Price 299pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. Private/hi-tech excess of 150 x 1 max per year for all admissions,
day case excess 50 per procedure. Good day to day cover included, 50% refund for consultant visits, gp, etc.

3. Laya Simply Connect Plus; price 280pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered; private/hi-tech excess 150 x 1 max per year for
all admissions, day case excess 50 per procedure. Good day to day cover included, refund of 50% for consultant visits, gp visits, etc. upto
1,000 refund per year. (50% of 2000 = 1000).

[broken link removed]

For yourself the following plans are worth considering;
1. VHI PMI 07 10; Price 1188pa; all public,private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech hospital excess 150 x 1 max per year for
all admissions. Day case excess 50 per procedure. No excess to pay in any public hospital. Good day to day cover included, refund of 50%
for consultant visits, gp visits, etc.

2. Laya Simply Connect; price 1100pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech hospital excess 150 x 2 max per year
for all admissions, day case excess 50 per procedure. No excess to pay in any public hospital. Good day to day cover included, 50% refund for consultant visits, gp, etc.

[broken link removed]

Note; VHI are the only company to allow children to be insured on their own, an adult is just named on the policy but only the child is insured.
So if you want to choose Laya plan for yourself, your child can still be insured with VHI on her own.
If you choose Laya for your child, at least one adult must choose any Laya plan. A child cannot be insured on their own without an adult with
Laya.

Regarding consultant visits for your daughter, if she has definite visits lined up per year, then Company Plan Extra Level 1 may be the better
option with 75% refund.
If she just might have an odd visit in the future, then PMI 7 10 or Simply Connect Plus with 50% refund would be sufficient.
You can work out a rough calculation if you know the cost of consultant visits and the amount of visits involved.
Regardless, all 3 plans have very good hospital cover and good day to day cover.
Whether its worth paying the extra 80 euro for Company Plan Extra Level 1 overall is your own personal decision.

Note; Even with your renewal date being on 15th January 2019, you still have a further 14 days after renewal to change your mind if you want.

Regards, Snowyb

Back