Please tell me what I can do if anything

R

rambler22

I have been on disability benefit for a year and have now been told i didn't work long enough for it to continue much longer, I have already asked about disability allowance but that can take up to 3 months to proccess apparently. So what do i do in the meantime? supplementary allowance? well i asked about it and it seems that because i live with my parents who still work and I'm under 25 they consider that I live for free with them, I don't, I do pay something for my keep. I am clinically depressed with severe panic attacks and ocd and have been under going treatment for over a year now, this situtation where I'm being told I have no right to allowances or benefit while waiting to see if I qualify for disability allowance doesn't help and all I'm being asked is "can't you just go back to work?" Someone please tell me I'm not going to have to do without any income over the next few months :(

You've got to be entitled to something - you were paye worker before, I assume and you've got medical evidence that you cant work right? contact your local TD if all else fails- i did in the case for my relative who had severe disability. Where I was unsuccessful in securing benefits, the local TD did. Didnt take any longer than usual, in fact, got them moving alot quicker.

The way around this is if you were living away from your parents for a period more than 6 months. They consider you 'a temporary' lodger then rather than a dependant. Ridiculous, but if you say that you will be looked after.

Have you officially been refused Supp Welfaer Allowance and Disability Allowance? If so, you can appeal against decision. If not, apply for it and see what happens. They don't refuse you purely on the basis of living at home, income. lenght of time there, etc is taken adn you have right of appeal. don't just give up if its a case of somebody telling you something offhand.

Back