Please suggest a Dolby Atmos Soundbar with 7.1 / 9.1 Speaker System. Budget around 500 euro.

TestLink

I have a 50" TV which is in a small living room. I had an Onkyo AV Receiver + 5.1 Speaker system earlier. But very difficult to manage as all the speakers were wired and wires very difficult to manage. So I am thinking about buying a good Sound Bar 7.1 / 9.1 channels. I am an music and movie lover. My budget is around 500 euro. I have eyed the JBL 9.1 sound bar, but current pricing for Black Friday is around 599 pounds at Amazon. I would like crisp clear dialoges with deep bass.

Can some one advice which system I should go for and where to buy? Please put links as weel in the replies if possible. Thanks...

Sonos sound bars are pretty good. I listened to an Sonos Arc last week and it was amazing. Its over your budget though c. €800.
Sonos also have a bar called Beam which is around €400.
The good thing with Sonos is that you can add surround speakers, base etc at a later stage and they connect with the system thru your wifi network. No wiring required. You wil also be able to play audio from your phone
Harvey Norman, DID etc sell Sonos. Sonos are offering 20% discount for Black Friday Sale.

SONOS DID
SONOS Harvey Norman

Sonos Beam only does virtual Atmos but supposed to be good. Also buy direct from Sonos and you get free shipping.

Sonos with this price doesnt even come with a Sub Woofer. Also my max budget is 500.

Any thing that you would suggest within this price range?

Can't advise myself as I have an (I would presume now) old wired 5.1 Sony AV system
But I have always found Richer Sounds quite good for advise and pricing when it comes to these things
and as Black Friday is nearly on us they might be worth a look

I would need the system to produce all the channels with out using rear speakers or using wireless rear speakers. Prefer a sound bar system with just the soundbar + 1 subwoofer, capable of producing multichannel sound effects.

I have a couple of devices like Android TV Box, BluRay Player, etc which i would need to connect these systems with the soundbar. So there should be atleast 2 or 3 HDMI IN ports.

Where would be the best place to search for this?

I would need the system to produce all the channels with out using rear speakers or using wireless rear speakers. Prefer a sound bar system with just the soundbar + 1 subwoofer, capable of producing multichannel sound effects.
You'll never get the same effect with a soundbar and sub. I have the Sony HT-G700 with supports Atmos and promises 'up to 7.1.2 Channel Surround Sound', but it's not a patch on the 20 year old 5.1 system I had in the last house. Just never get the same sense of sound coming from behind or the sides.

Ok, With my price range what AV receiver + Speaker System would I be able to buy? I dont want to buy speakers separately as I am not an expert selecting it. So can you please suggest a Combo?

Richer Sounds as linked above are excellent and will advise you well.

I have a couple of devices like Android TV Box, BluRay Player, etc which i would need to connect these systems with the soundbar. So there should be atleast 2 or 3 HDMI IN ports.

Where would be the best place to search for this?
Did a quick google search which is where you should start your own research for these things!!

Richer sounds have the Sony (I'm a big fan of Sony for my AV needs) HT-ZF9 3.1ch Bluetooth soundbar for €569
It from what I can see ticks most your boxes 2 HDMI inputs 1 output has a type of Dolby Atmos
And has the ability to add wireless rear speakers should you feel the need
Check the specs yourself to make sure I've got it right

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203249-sony-htzf9-soundbar.aspx

Harvey Norman have it at €649 and Sony say the RRP is €769

The Sony website seems to indicate that it's not available for sale yet but a quick call to Richer sounds will tell when it will be available
You could try Harvey Norman as well and see if they will price match, sometimes they do

Edit
Funnily enough this review turned up in my Google feed this morning, how did that happen??? ;)

Last edited:
Back