Please recommend a plumber

gnubbit

I've read the Key Posts on this but unfortunately, the recommendations seem to just give a name and a mobile number and using that type of info is what has got me into this mess!

I had a guy redo my bathroom - he was a cowboy and there are several problems that need sorting quite urgently (leaks etc).

I need someone with attention to detail, honest, reliable, who knows their limits and preferably who will be tidy and treat my property with respect. A mythical creature perhaps, but fingers crossed.

So please - if anyone knows a plumber who fits the bill could you post details or PM me, preferably telling me about any work they've done for you and/or why you would recommend them.

Thanks.

I do, but he's my brother so not exactly an unbiased opinion! He's a third year apprentice with a lot of experience in new builds. He's very honest about what he can and can't do and doesn't understand people who leave a mess. He's based in Meath. If you want to give him a shout I can give you his number. Though I can understand if you want a more neutral recommendation!

They probably need someone who is qualified and has public liability insurance etc.

Saying that some 3rd years are very good, not too many bad habits formed and tend to do things by the book, they'd be cheaper too.

I have used a guy a good few times John Murphy, based North Dublin but travels around I think - ph 087 400 4552.
Excellent and reliable and cleans up too - a rare mythical creature indeed!

i regularly do work with an excellent plumbing company,very good work never heard any complaints about them.The guys name is Anthony Dowling and his company is Excel heating and plumbing.0872719262.

Thanks a million everyone. I'll follow these recommendations up and let you know how I get on.

Moneygrower, I doubt you'd be recommending your brother if he wasn't good and I bet he's much better than many but I think I'll play it safe and get someone fully qualified after my previous bad experience.

Thanks again.

i regularly do work with an excellent plumbing company,very good work never heard any complaints about them.The guys name is Anthony Dowling and his company is Excel heating and plumbing.0872719262.

Sorry, I'm a long time getting back to update this thread, I totally forgot!

I went with Anthony Dowling in the end. He's a nice chap and did a grand job. Happy to recommend him.

Back