playstation3 vs xbox

ed2008

hi, just wondering if anyone can help us to chooose between either. is there any advantages to either console?

i have a ps 3 and it rocks :) got it for xmas. before i got it i looked it up online lotssss of debates going on about it bu ps3 won over on me. youtube have some videos on it that people have made you should go there and watch them they helped me decide. good luck and happy gaming :)

We have an xbox 360 - there are some games that are exclusive to xbox - so that might be a consideraton (Halo is the big one).

The X-Box 360 has a better and wider range of games but this gap is narrowing. The PS3 is a more powerful machine with greater capabilities. The clincher is that it is also a Blu-Ray 'DVD' player. This is now the dominant next generation movie platform and it makes buying a PS3 sensible as stand alone Blu-Ray players are not a million miles away price wise.

thanks guys. think we will side on ps3 if only for blu ray cappabilities. not too fussed about which consule has more games as sure that choice is decent on both.

1. Is Ps 3 backwards compatilbe with PS 2?

2. Does the Blu-Ray format allow you to use standard DVD's?

tia, m

Think the 60GB PS3 was backward compatible but the 40 GB isn't. TBH why would you want to play the old games when the new ones are advancing so much.

1. Is Ps 3 backwards compatilbe with PS 2?

2. Does the Blu-Ray format allow you to use standard DVD's?

tia, m

Think the 60GB PS3 was backward compatible but the 40 GB isn't. TBH why would you want to play the old games when the new ones are advancing so much.

eh... because I do not want to shell out for new games for the sprogs, let them make do with what they have!

Then keep the PS2!, I don't think there are 60 GB left on the market so your looking at no backward compatability unfortunately. There was a sizable difference in price too as far as I remember bout €200 between 40 & 60 GB t'wud pay for a few games anyways.

Then keep the PS2!, I don't think there are 60 GB left on the market so your looking at no backward compatability unfortunately. There was a sizable difference in price too as far as I remember bout €200 between 40 & 60 GB t'wud pay for a few games anyways.

PS2 is kaput (overuse!!!) Need to upgrade soon so I keep whinging sprogs out of my hair.....

hi, does anyone know if ps2 will work on hd tv, i was told it wont, sorry to hijack thread!!

It will insofra as an HD TV can take signals from non-HD equipment, such as DVD players. You'd use the component or SCART inputs to get the best picture.

But you won't get an HD picture, at best, the TV will 'upscale' it to make it look like HD.

Me also Hijacking.. Can you play Ps2 games on Ps3? 40gb? I've seen in Harvey norman saying you can but i heard opposite.

Back