plastering: exterior of the house pebbled dashed

C

cassidy

I am looking to get the exterior of the house pebbled dashed, can anyone recommend a plasterer that does not mind doing outside work.
Thanks

Re: plastering

spider spider on the wall
haven't you any sense at all
don't you know the wall's been plastered
get off the wall you stupid spider

This post will be deleted if not edited immediately do some plasterers now refuse to work outside??? Oh for al those ignorant unhelpful builders to get a kick in the ass....

legend99 said:
This post will be deleted if not edited immediately do some plasterers now refuse to work outside??? Oh for al those ignorant unhelpful builders to get a kick in the ass....

I contacted four plasterers and none wanted to work outside, they basically said that it was more pleasant to work indoors. One said that if we did not get anybody by the summer he might consider it -providing we move all the drains and cables that may be in his way and if we hire the scaffolding for him.He could not commit to a price but said that it could be a "good few grand"

Hi Glenadaddy

Just wondering, will he also fix cracks ? ... just small ones :)

cheers

G>

Unregistered said:
I contacted four plasterers and none wanted to work outside, they basically said that it was more pleasant to work indoors. One said that if we did not get anybody by the summer he might consider it -providing we move all the drains and cables that may be in his way and if we hire the scaffolding for him.He could not commit to a price but said that it could be a "good few grand"

Had a couple of problems with plasterers myself here in Dublin. Contracted two different guys to do some outside work. Both never turned up. One,when contacted,said he had taken on another job....indoors and the other was uncontactable. Maybe I was just unlucky??

Will renew my quest for a reliable contractor this year.

there are companies that specialize in rendering houses. they use machines to spray on the render and then float it off. its very quick and i would imagine they would give a price based on the sq.m and a warranty rather than the "a good few grand" crap that a lot of (chancers = tradesman ) spout.

eamonn66 said:
there are companies that specialize in rendering houses. they use machines to spray on the render and then float it off. its very quick and i would imagine they would give a price based on the sq.m and a warranty rather than the "a good few grand" crap that a lot of (chancers = tradesman ) spout.
Eamonn66 can you elaborate on this for me. Any idea where to find these companies
Thanks

A couple of the company names and particular mention of any you have had experience with, would be excellent.

Many thanks

regards

G>

ive no direct personal experience of any companies, but this is a very standard practice in one-off house land.
a quick google for spray render ireland brought up this supplier
[broken link removed]
you can get plain or precoloured render that is maintenance free. if you ring them up , they might be able to give the name of a contractor. there is a crowd from tullamore i think that do the coloured stuff. they go to most of the shows so will probably be in punchestown this weekend.

Back