Plasma TV

I've been on the lookout for a digi cam and it's very well priced here €160 vs €222 on amazon.

When I see things priced like this I get suspicious, would love to know if anyone has used it.

I am suspicious ! I made an online enquiry and got a response back with 24 hours. I keep telling myself its' too good to be true but what if its' not ???

might be legit but it would be worth checking out where the stuff comes from and that there is no issue with customs. also plasmas dont transport well so check out the position if it is DOA.

i did a whois and here are the results .

Domain name: OVERSTOCKSDEPOT.COM
Created on: 2004-09-15
Updated on: 2004-09-15
Expires on: 2005-09-15
Registrant Name: TODD HAYES
Registrant Address: 3494 Vicksburg Drive
Registrant City: Edwardsville
Registrant Postal Code: 62025
Registrant Country: US
Administrative Contact Organization: Todd Hayes
Administrative Contact Name: Todd Hayes
Administrative Contact Address: 3494 Vicksburg Drive
Administrative Contact City: Edwardsville
Administrative Contact Postal Code: 62025
Administrative Contact Country: US
Administrative Contact Email: [email protected]
Administrative Contact Tel: +1 618 6591990
Administrative Contact Fax: +1 618 6591990
Technical Contact Organization: Technical Support
Technical Contact Name: Technical Support
Technical Contact Address: Via A Ponti, 6
Technical Contact City: Bergamo
Technical Contact Postal Code: 24126
Technical Contact Country: IT
Technical Contact Email: [email protected]
Technical Contact Phone: +39 035 3230400
Technical Contact Fax: +39 035 3230312
Primary Name Server Hostname: NS1.REGISTER.IT
Secondary Name Server Hostname: NS2.REGISTER.IT

plasma TVs

check out
[broken link removed]

i think it's a photo of our man Todd Hayes

OverStocksDepot

I made an email enquiry to ask where the stuff was posted from - for customs reasons. I got a one word reply within 30 minutes "Belgium".

Didn't seem very professional but they're charging E240 for a SIM free Nokia 6230 against E359 next best online price so I'd like to know if anyone has had any experience of them

Re: OverStocksDepot - too good to be true ?

I asked a similar question ...

What taxes and delivery charges are added to products I order for despatch to Ireland

Got a reply a few minutes later ...

too good to be true or guenine ?

Not to mention the shipping is free. Payment is made via Western Union or moneygram, this worries me as there does not seem to be any protection against what happens to the money. Maybe this is the catch, I have asked them and am now awaiting reply.

Where's rainyday when u need him!

The following is from OverStockDepot's Shipping & Returns info page:

Immediately after you make a purchase at Overstocks, your order is sent to our production facility. It is then manufactured, packaged with great care, and shipped by UPS, you can expect to receive your order in 1 to 3 days after you place it and confirm the payment.

production facility???
manufactured???

Surely the whole point of an OverStockDepot is that the goods are in stock and not manufactured to order in THEIR production facility.

Sounds like Santa's Workshop to me. Ho Ho Ho

Interesting, they require payment via money transfer (Western Union or Moneygram), but I think this exposes people to fraud as there is no protection (as far as I can tell).

When I sent them a query on how make payment more secure, there was no reply in 5 mins, 24 hours, and so far 2 days, and this is giving me a cold feeling, may it will be amazon after all!

Notice how I am anxious to keep this thread going to see is anyone else sceptical about this

WARNING WARNING WARNING

Posted on fool.co.uk:

"I am embarrassed to admit I ordered from Jan Overstocks aka www.overstocksdepot.com last week. Like a fool, I used a moneygram. They did issued a UPS tracking number. But but as of a week later, UPS says they only ever received an electronic billing notice and have yet to be instructed to pick up anything. My repeated emails no longer get answered and the 800 phone plays a recorded "Jan Overstocks...how may I help you..." then you get a recording that the mail box is full. Sweet. I knew the price was too good to be true. Foolish greed. I know of no recourse. Anyone have suggestions>"

So there we have it!

WARNING WARNING WARNING

And there has now been a second victim on fool.

Hence, it's a turkey!

Re: WARNING WARNING WARNING

Sure, couldn't you just tell from those close-set eyes in the photo... ;)

Back