Plasma or LED,or LCD

Has anyone any experience with HannSpree LCD tvs?
Looking at getting a new tv because my current Phillps big betty is developing a green spot randomly ... and also the emmissions have start turning the walls black!

Looking at deals in a few shops and saw one for a 32" HannSpree LCD tv, stand and dvd player for €500. I hadnt heard of that brandname before so just wondering what they are like?

Has anyone any experience with HannSpree LCD tvs?
Looking at getting a new tv because my current Phillps big betty is developing a green spot randomly ... and also the emmissions have start turning the walls black!

Looking at deals in a few shops and saw one for a 32" HannSpree LCD tv, stand and dvd player for €500. I hadnt heard of that brandname before so just wondering what they are like?

I dont know what they are like but I do know currys have 32 inch samsung for 399 euro and they usually sell the stand for around 80 euro with the tv

I've looked at a lot of TVs in the last few weeks. In terms of refresh rate coupled with fast response times, the Philips Series 8 seem to be pretty much state of the art. But, they ain't cheap.

This one is a good example.........

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=en&scy=de&ctn=40PFL8605K/02

200Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time. The picture is stunning too!

The series 9 will have 400Hz refresh rates and 0.5ms response times.

I'd love a 40" Series 8, but the price is killing me!

D.

On another note the average power consumption of a plamsa is about 800w where the lcd was somewhere between 250 and 300w.

Don't get me wrong re this but I think that a tv should use less power than it takes to light up my entire house, cook the dinner and user the washer and dryer all at the same time. Just in case I could stand corrected in the dryer but you get my drift.

LCD is fantastic picture quality and I can't see any issues with response time.

ah, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, 40" lcd from panaosnic 152watts max, 50" pana plasma 430watts, at 800 watts you could not stay in same room!!

Rsponse for a plasma is ZILCH or .001 of a mili second.

LCD does not do true blacks yet.

Picture quality important get a Plasma, if not get LCD.

noah

In case anyone is thinking of getting the Panasonic with the 5 year parts and labour from Power City you had better hurry as the offer expires on Sunday 31 Oct. Great set. Love the picture.

Was in Curry's browsing today. They have a deal on a 40inch Samsung LED 3D Smart TV + Blu-Ray DVD player (normally e169) + 2 pairs 3D glasses (worth e130) for e799. Sounds like a great deal to me. Not being a telly expert would appreciate views people may have on LED and Smart TV in general
Thanks

LED is the latest technology for hdt...I will suggest you LED because it has advance features and supporting applications...

if you google the exact model and put review in search you will see loads and for 800 euro can you go wrong, by the way not a fan of curry's but would not turn down a bargain

Back