Planning question

munsterman25

Hi,

I have sale agreed on a site which is smack bang on the boundary of a green belt area. I have had pre planning discussions with the planner through a planning consultant and through a local councillor. The planner will not say whetear the boundary line is absolute or indicitive.
The councillor has discussed the issue with the planners boss, the county planner, and he says he will consider a case if it comes up.

The councillor thinks we have a strong case because of the closeness of the boundary line and the fact that I work in the area and my girlfriend is from close(ish) by.

He has suggested I make an application so it is live and he can lobby on my behalf.
My issue is I dont want to make an appliccation and incur the cost of an architect, engineer and solicitor to find I am refused.

My idea would be to make an application for outline planning and then if Im get that pay the money for all of the above an make a full application.

A few questions though.

What will I need to make an app for outline planning? Engineer?

Can I amke an application without being subject to contract, ie could I say to the owner that i'll make an application for outline and if I get it I will make a full application after contracts have been drawn up. Or do I have to ahev a contract in place to make an outline application? In other words do i need to incur the cost of a solicitor

What sort of zoning? A1, A2 or A3? Do you already own a house (if yes, then you're banjaxed - unless you don't mind lying about it and invalidating any permission granted)

If you get any refusal on the the site, it will make things more difficult/impossible to reverse. So you should make sure that the best shot possible is made on the first attempt - i.e. an EXPERIENCED architect would be best.
Outline Permission even from an experienced architect should be no more than €1500 + V.A.T. (that does depend on where in the country you are though).

Try posting this on archiseek.com - lots of advice from Irish architects and planners there.

Back