Planning permission problems

roadrunner

I recently submitted planning for two storey on a site on our farm near home. Council have come back and asked me to:

1 dig more trial holes
2. they have concerns over height, mass and suburban nature of plans with respect to impact on area - so want me to submit new plans dealing with their concerns

they also have concerns of sites ability to sustain a waste water system.

The site is a little damp in winter but bone dry in summer - and I was going to do some work laying pipes etc to sort problem.

Is it fair that I need to dig the holes again - wouldn`t they have just refused my straight off if original holes hadn`t pased percolation?

Also the house a 2700sq ft two storey isn`t hindering anyones view,(there are 3 houses in the townsland well spread out) in fact a neighbour got planning 3 years ago on a bigger house that is a lot more conspicuous - is there anyway I can satisfy their concerns without having to go back and amend drawings which I am happy with?

I would suggest you try and arrange a meeting with the Area Planner to discuss the particular items they want changed. It will save you time & money in the long run. Don't try and argue with them - you won't get anywhere. At the end of the day, the decision is theirs to make.

Had similar situation myself, with regards to size, height mass etc.. of our house, our architect met with the planner and changed the plans accordingly, had to sacrifice a few things but we have got full pp now. I agree with the others you'll have to meet with the planners and pretty much do what they say, unfortunately!

thanks for the help - also why does it take 6 weeks for them to get back after submitting info - is there anything can be done to expedite the process?

thanks for the help - also why does it take 6 weeks for them to get back after submitting info - is there anything can be done to expedite the process?

Just be thankful you're not waiting 6months for An Bord Pleanala to make their decision!

Back