Planning Permission for Car Drive-in

marhurd

We want to knock down a wall in order to drive in our car from the main road. Does anyone know who is entitled to draw up the plan for the Council, we are in the Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown area. It hardly requires an architect - Can the builder do it?

Hi,

I do a lot of these. You need full planning permission so that means the full package including existing and proposed plans, elevations and sections. Newspaper and site notice etc

Technically, anybody can draw the plans and submit them, it’s once they are done correctly and the package is correct as every single paragraph needs to match word for word so you would need experience in doing them.

Once you get planning for the alteration to the boundary wall to create the access, the council will then dish path at further cost.

Some councils have a maximum width that they will grant, 3.6m in Dublin City for example.

Hi kceire, the path is already dished, so would not have that expense. What sort of ball park figure would we be looking at to have plans drawn up?

I got this done last year. The guy who did mine turned out to be a bit of an ass, so I wont recommend him.
Just a bit of advice - when you are pricing around for someone to do this for you, make sure they include ALL charges in their quote. My guy quoted me, but didnt tell me that I had to pay a few hundred extra for maps, notice in the paper, etc. I assumed these would be included in his quoted price.

Hi kceire, the path is already dished, so would not have that expense. What sort of ball park figure would we be looking at to have plans drawn up?

For a new entrance could be a out €950 inclusive of all costs for planning.

I got this done last year. The guy who did mine turned out to be a bit of an ass, so I wont recommend him.
Just a bit of advice - when you are pricing around for someone to do this for you, make sure they include ALL charges in their quote. My guy quoted me, but didnt tell me that I had to pay a few hundred extra for maps, notice in the paper, etc. I assumed these would be included in his quoted price.

+1
Or at least make sure you know up front whether you are paying these costs or they are included in the original price.

Back