Planning Enforcement Notice Charges

marhurd

Having complied immediately with a Planning Enforcement Notice in relation to a boundary wall fence, was shocked to receive a bill of over €1,000 from Dublin City Council re 'breakdown of charges' which included 'setting up enforcement file' and 'uploading complaint onto Enforcement system and issuing warning letter €400'. Searches re ownership by referencer' €148. Site inspections €300. Reports €150. Drafting and service of enforcement notice €150'.

Was given two weeks to pay in full or else proceedings would be initiated against me to recover this debt. Does anyone know is this normal procedure? any advice would be welcome.

it sounds like DCC are skint, and passing on the actual costs of providing planning enforcement to Joe public. While I empathise with your situation, had I been your disgruntled neighbour or had the unauthorised development been of greater substance, I would see no problem with this charge.

Someone has to pay for the DCC costs, they'll be needing every penny for their priory-hall court battle.

May I ask why did you not check the exemption legislation before altering the boundary? You may be able to appeal this to An Bord[broken link removed] - probably best to check with them first, as this may now be classified as a fine, as opposed to a planning matter ..
[broken link removed]

Back