Plaintiff serving personal injury summons

It's a shame that the OP let his experience of one solicitor colour his judgment regarding the entire legal profession in Ireland. One hopes that he never wishes to do anything that requires him to have a solicitor like buy or sell a house.

For your own sake OP get legal representation, the questions you are asking are too basic regarding High Court proceedings for you to take this on yourself and I think that you will make simple mistakes which will prejudice any claim you may have.

I went to serve the defendant and he has refused to accept the Plenary summons. He has told me he will not accept it and said to send it to his solicitor. I didnt really want to do it this way as its not a personal service. Can I go back to the courts and prey for an order to that the defendant has to accept it?

All you had to do was show him the original and touch him with a copy and drop it. It was up to him to pick it up or not. A solicitor can accept service on his behalf. Did you ask who his solicitor was.

All you had to do was show him the original and touch him with a copy and drop it. It was up to him to pick it up or not. A solicitor can accept service on his behalf. Did you ask who his solicitor was.

Yes, thanks Dazza I knew this alrite but he was sitting around the other side of the dinner table at the the time and there was about 8 people around so didnt want to do that. Yes he has told me the name of his solicitor.

If the defendant nominated a solicitor you can serve the summons on that solicitor. afaik no need for personal service once a solicitor is nominated.

Serve the summons on the solicitor. Bring the original and copy to their office and have then acknowledge service in writing.

As you know he has a solicitor you can avail of this and serve all documents on them by registered post in the future thus making your life easier down the line

Back