Places to Eat in Marbella??

DubShelley

Hi There,

I'm heading to Spain this week and staying in a town about 5 miles from Marbella. Would love to spend a night in Marbella but I understand it's extremely expensive.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to eat which wouldn't cost more than about €30 - €40 per head? Or am I doomed to eat in McDonalds :eek:)

Thanks,
Michelle

Marbella town has plenty of restaurants. Not all are overly expensive. You should be able to find a restaurant in your price range either in Orange Square or along the beachfront ( a long prom).

Had a couple nice meals in Orange Square. Its the old town of Marbella and very nice. One restaurant was called Orange Tree and can't remember the other. You will certainly get two courses for €30-€40 including wine. It is also nice to spend time browsing around the narrow streets and shop's, have a coffee and people watch of a morning.

Enjoy

I'm forty shades of green myself, would love to be heading back there. Loved the old town.
Was told while in the old town that the commercial premises are handed down from generation to generation, so they are run by real Spaniards not like the Canary Islands.
While there my friend and I decided to do an inspection tour of the hostels on the pretence we would be back in a few months. Never stayed in a hostel as my perception was of dormitories and grubby communal areas. Would hate the idea of a dorm.
Well our inspection tour left us pleasantly surprised, beautiful clean, airy, rooms, some with mini frige and en suites from €17 - €25 per night.

€30-€40 would go a long way in Marbella, I don't find it overly expensive at all. It's a fab town, I was supposed to have 5 days there but the ash stopped me flying :-(

Along the promenade you will get a number of restaurants offering you a Menu de Dia from as little as €9. Marbella is a great place, not all all overpriced as some people think. Have a sangria watching the sun go down in the harbour/yacht club area. Everywhere can be as cheap or expensive as you want to make it.
Get the bus from the airport and save a fortune on transfers.

Agree with Water. Take the bus, much cheaper. Think taxi is about €70 _ 80. Can't remember exact bus fare but certainly under €10. Come out of the Airport and turn right, bus stop just a few steps away. If the direct bus to Marbella is not due for say thirty mins, take local bus to Malaga Central bus station, short journey. Be prepared to use all your pushing skills though and don't forget your shin guards, they don't know the meaning of an orderly queue.

Then get a bus there to Marbella. If I remember rightly at the central bus station you must purchase the ticket inside at the ticket office.

Back