PIP has delayed paying creditors - seeking advice to exit PIA process

Browned Off

Apologies in advance for the long post as I am trying to detail things as much as possible!

I secured a PIA back in 2015. At the time, having unsecured debts of close to €90k my eight creditors agreed to a monthly repayment of €500.

My mortgage (joint account with my wife) was also included in the PIA due to large negative equity. The mortgage was slightly restructured having been slightly in arrears, but no debt write-down occurred. My wife was not required to enter the PIA agreement so only my half of the mortgage is sent to my PIP every month.

Having consistently sent monthly payments to my PIP, issues began to occur in late 2017 where my PIP was not forwarding repayments to my creditors on time. This came to light when my wife was turned down for a credit union loan earlier in the year due to mortgage arrears. She religiously pays her half of the mortgage every month on time.

I have tried to contact the PIP on numerous occasions by he does not return my calls or emails. I am now fed up of the situation and wish to exit the agreement by securing an Accelerated PIA. Luckily a family member has offered help by providing a lump sum.

I have about 30 monthly repayments left until I can exit the agreement. Can someone please advise on how much a settlement figure would be? Is it as simple as 30 x €500 plus fees?

Back