Pigeons in the attic - how to handle?

Ret45

Looking for advice for a slightly unusual query!

Friends of mine have complained of pigeons in their attic. Apparently the pigeons have recently taken up residence and are making a lot of noise, keeping my friends kids awake at night. I am not sure how the pigeons got into the attic in the first place - they are getting a roofer to have a look. The more immediate question is how to deal with the pigeons? Has anyone had a similar problem? Should they call rentakil?

thanks,
R

I'd just get some expanding foam stuff (whatever it's called, big spray can) to fill whatever gap they are coming through. I guess that if you put a fake Owl up there and left a light on that that might scare them away :).

Shoot them, poison them, gas them - they are absolute vermin, the equivalent of rats with feathers, and they carry diseases and parasites and their poo stinks to high heaven.

Shoot them, poison them, gas them - they are absolute vermin, the equivalent of rats with feathers, and they carry diseases and parasites and their poo stinks to high heaven.

so 'handle' carefully then?

If I had pigeons in my attic I wouldn't be waiting around for someone else to tell me how they were getting in, I would be putting some sort of emergency repair in place to keep them out! They are especially a problem if you have uncovered tanks in the roofspace (does the water taste funny when you brush your teeth? ; )

If I had pigeons in my attic I wouldn't be waiting around for someone else to tell me how they were getting in, I would be putting some sort of emergency repair in place to keep them out! They are especially a problem if you have uncovered tanks in the roofspace (does the water taste funny when you brush your teeth? ; )

Funny told Mrs. SLF about this thread while laughing.

She said, "Funny you should mention it but I heard some bird like noises over the kids bed room recently".

I'm going up to wash my teeth now and have plans for my morning...............

...Like evicting any feathered squatters that might be up there...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back