Picture frames & mounts

C

Cheese

Picture frames & mounts

I've been looking around recently for picture frames and seperate mounts for photographs. The selection is very small but most seem horribly expensive. I've seen the selection in Tesco which isn't too bad at all and not overly expensive but I wonder if there's more out there.

Has anyone seen reasonable value elsewhere in either picture frames or mounts? I'm not looking for anything overly fancy or ornate, just simple. Also, it is virtually impossible to get a square frame or mount. Can anyone help?

Brown Thomas have a good selection at the moment upstairs in the household section starting at about €10.

Try Roches Stores, I always get some good stuff there.

If all else fails, buy the frame you want & then get a pre-cut mount in Easons

HTH

mounts for photographs

most picture framers will sell separate mounts and will cut them to size, you can choose specific colour when you buy this way. I go to Kevin Cummins in Limerick and he's brilliant, I've had some stuff framed by him over the past number of years.

Re: mounts for photographs

I had two 1' by 3' prints to frame. The quotes I got in Dublin ranged from 130 euro each to 70 euro each. Didn't accept that custom framing should be that expensive. Eventually found a framer in Portlaoise that did them for 32.50 each in a lovely dark wood and glass. Glad I shopped around.

MoodyToo.

Back