phonewatch cost

• Thread starter kellysayers
  • Start date
K

kellysayers

anyone know how much eircom phonewatch is per year for monitering?

Hi Basamin,

I was just wondering where you got the figure 262 for Eircom Phonewatch monitoring from? I got a quote from Eircom the other day the said it was €51.20 per month monitoring fee!! Over €600 per year! I'm astonished it's so expensive.. there isn't really that much involved in the service..

Ours is €39.66 a month??? I wonder how come so much more than yours Norfbank? We do have phonewatch wireless because we don't have a landline but surely it wouldn't be that much more expensive... Must look into it.

M

QED, are you a new customer? We have had Phonewatch for about 3 years now...

M

Just over a year now - I think I do remember getting a letter about an additional maintenance fee or something - I haven't started paying it though. Maybe it was an extra monthly charge to cover batteries, etc.?

Am such a safety girl, I could well have gone for some extra security measure they might have offered back when we initially got it - will have to have a look at the agreement to see what I'm getting... Still, good to have a heads-up that we might be able to save some money..

M

Around €300 is what you should pay including a service contract . ie If you are paying that or more you should not be paying extra for call outs as well.
Eircoms prices vary a lot because of their sales techniques.
Its really a case of what they can get out of you.
Shop around, any installation company can supply you with monitoring.

Eircoms prices are a joke it's true what Colm said its all about what they can get out of you!!! Why don't you elimanate the monitoring charge and just get a digi dialler fittet so the alarm will be contacting you directly?? Your just cutting out the middle man but also saving alot of money!
I was just talking to my better half about doing something like this the other day.

Can I just cancel the phonewatch, keep all the sensors etc, and install something that sends me a text or something when the alarm goes off?

Thanks for any info.

While we wait for Bill to respond.....I have a wireless Phonewatch unit manufactured by ITI (Interactive Technolgies Inc, USA), the model is "Concord". Can a "digi-dialler" be fitted to this? What's the ballpark price?

If your alarm is still connected to the phone line it will still call their ARC in the event of an alarm or faults.
On most phone tarrifs this is a local call & would be free anyway.

hi.
i have a simon alarm from eircom, anyone know if i can change from eircom to a different monitor station or even if i can get it to ring my phone ?
thanks in advance.

Back