Phone mast in St. Mochtas

missus09

Oh dear..went to view a fabulous house the other day in above area and it was "walk in" material..really tastefully decorated and a really good price for a quick sale..walked outside the front door and what greeted me was the dirty big phone mast right on the doorstep! how disappointing :(

the house hunt continues! :)

very funny brendan! just couldnt believe how nasty it looked walking out front door..its just how close it was to the door of the house that kinda shocked me....cos the estate is a good bit in off the main road!

if its any consolation the mast has been there years before any of the houses were built,and if someone tells you its to come down dont believe them

That must have been built in the 70's. Back then it was in the country side. I was always surprised in recent they were allowed to build so close to it. Then again there seems to be no limits to where they'd allow building in D.15.

I think in the past it was a cable rely tower for cablelink. These days theres a ton of stuff on it. I've got used to it, its like the tower in Donnybrook. That said I don't live underneath it.

Re: Telecomms mast in St. Mochtas

There are no phone masts on it though if you look . . . mostly satellite dishes. Hence, no controversy over it - it's just ugly.

They're not satellite dishes either, they are microwave point to point links, probably 32Mbit and I believe they are pointed at a similar mast in north wales.

so, is it just ugly to look at, or dangerous to live under also? (I don't mean that it call fall)

Back