phone line operable from multiple locations??

laila

Setting up a business. want to use a dedicated phone line, preferably landline.

Difficulty lies in that we are setting up the business from which the administration will be run from 2-3 locations. i.e. I would man the phone two days a week from my home and then someone else would man the phone from their home on other days. eircom suggested something called a virtual line but this is very expensive as there is a charge of 30 euro each time we switch between houses.

Would welcome any ideas for a cost effective solution to this problem

I was thinking about a VOIP solution-I presume your number is linked to an account/software and not to an individual PC?

you can put your phone on call divert,ie divert from your number to the number at the other location,and so on.

thanks for all the suggestions will research VOIP and Skype. Call divert is fine accept that it would incur more charges than maybe necessary.

We use blueface, we have 3 locations (home offices) our central line rings and it rings in 3 places, who ever picks it up first can transfer it to one of the other locations. If Im away I can switch off the ringing in my house etc, I can also call forward the phones to an eircom line if necessary, this costs nothing, even for the forwarded call, once you have a price plan with them (business plan is €30 a month) Our phone will is €360 a year which includes all landline calls to UK & Ireland, we use about €10 a month calling mobiles. We used to pay eircom 400 a month....

Back