Phone line delay (4 months and counting)

curiosity

Hi

Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get a phone line installed?

Story goes: Hazelhatch Road in Celbridge - new development and phone line ordered over 4 months ago, keep getting the run around by eircom saying that forecast date for completion is x amount of weeks then they keep pushing it out!! (pushed out 3 times so far).... They say there is no lines in place yet as its a new development - ok but I can't accept that as I am in phase 2 and surely people in the first phase have a land line as they are built nearly a year ago!!

Is anyone else living in this area and having the same problems as me?

Thanks

curiosity said:
Hi

Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get a phone line installed?
one year according to Comreg
Story goes: Hazelhatch Road in Celbridge - new development and phone line ordered over 4 months ago, keep getting the run around by eircom saying that forecast date for completion is x amount of weeks then they keep pushing it out!! (pushed out 3 times so far).... They say there is no lines in place yet as its a new development - ok but I can't accept that as I am in phase 2 and surely people in the first phase have a land line as they are built nearly a year ago!!
yes but there may not be enough lines even if phase one now has telephones . This happens all the time. The all time record I know of (in a town not up a mountain ) was 3 years.

get onto your TD , they are rather sensitive about lack of infrastructure out there since the by election debacle in Kildare :D

Are you entited to compensation from Eirom for this type of delay viz. where they are blaming the builder?

They are not blaming the builder, they are just saying they have to put in the lines, but come on 4 months to pull a few lines through some trunking!!!

We're in a similar position. Ordered phone at the beginning of May for a house in Dromahair, Co. Leitrim. Engineer came out within one week (I almost fainted) and said they would have to apply to the council for permission to dig the road to lay lines. I phoned last week and was told that the planning application had just gone in on 26/6, leaving us with a forecasted completion date of 30/8. They advised me to find someone who had "pull" in the planning office. No idea why it should take 6 weeks+ to send in the application. So, who do I give my brown envelope to?

Back