Phoenix Park Racecourse

BCPK

I received an email from HookeMacD that they are relasing a few more of these. Basically 435-485 for a 2 bed apt. Anyone living there free to offer their opinon on the place? Seems like there are alot of apts in the whole area. Whats it like getting on to the Navan Rd in the morning heading towards Blanch? It would be for living in for the next 3yrs or so, not as an investment so to speak.

These prices seem quite high in todays market. A quick search on myhome has thrown up two examples of 2-beds in this location for 410k. Are the vendors throwing in any extras for this price because on first glance it would not seem that competitive.

These prices seem quite high in todays market. A quick search on myhome has thrown up two examples of 2-beds in this location for 410k. Are the vendors throwing in any extras for this price because on first glance it would not seem that competitive.

The OP is referring to new apts, but given the fact that there are nearly new 2nd hand ones being sold for 50K less and stamp duty is no longer an issue for a FTB (who you'd assume would be the target market for a 2 bed apt) these prices are pretty, ahem, uncompetitve.

The OP is referring to new apts, but given the fact that there are nearly new 2nd hand ones being sold for 50K less and stamp duty is no longer an issue for a FTB (who you'd assume would be the target market for a 2 bed apt) these prices are pretty, ahem, uncompetitve.

Completely agree, thats why I was wondering were the developers throwing in some incredible inducements as at those prices I wouldn't have thought they would have got anyone to bite.

I don't knwo what 'extras' are being thrown in, if any. I saw the ones for 410k alright but put the stamp duty on top of it and that'll take me pretty much to 435k (not a FTB). So 435k split 92% mortgage & 8% cash or 410k split 92% mortgage, 8% cash + >20k stamp duty!!! I think I'll pass but the location tempting

hi lads.. Sorry to dig up the thread but it seemed to go unanswered. I got my keys in May of this year, bought my apartment off the plans in April 06. The builders didn't have any incentives then and I don't think they do now. The location is not exactly in the outskirts of Dublin and the location manages to get the development a Castleknock address which is probably the reason the extras are so tight! Can't fault the development though, everything is nearby, the Park is on your doorstep obviously, it's pretty quiet here and the materials used in the buildings are all fairly high spec, I have a granite worktop and a full oak kitchen and it was included as standard - I've been in other apartments in Dublin and very few are as nice to be inside. The management fee is fairly high (1700 per annum) but that seems to be the only negative I can think of. Getting to Blanch in the morning as the OP asked is fine, going the opposite way is a little slower towards the Halfway House but I cycle from the racecourse to Ballsbridge everyday so it's not a problem. Sorry for the block text but I am writing this on a Nokia N95 and there is no return button!! :)

heading out of Dublin, toward Blanchardstown at around 8am I used to get stuck in traffic before you hit the roundabout. I would have been heading back in towards Dublin, so at that time it could sometimes take 15-20mins to get to the opposite side of the road...
With the barrier to the development / cameras / gated underground parking it feels like it should be safe, but there have been several car break ins in the underground, and at least one attempted theft.
I know as it was mine :-(
The guards got nowhere with the on site security, they seemed more interested in protecting the plant and machinery...
There have also been intermittent problems with the fire alarm going off in the block I'm in since last November, even after it was replaced, it doesn't shut itself off, and the response time even after it's phoned in can be v. slow (overnight sometimes), ie not a lot of sleep if you live next to the speaker, and just hope you don't have any newborns...

apart from all this it's fine :)

oh ya, and if you are looking, check it out at peak traffic times, as there's quite a lot of traffic noise and dust from the busy navan/cavan road, depending on what way your place is facing...

Wow that's like a different area altogether to what I have experienced.

On the defense of the security, they are there to protect the site the security is not there for the residents. When the builders finish there (not for quite a few years yet) that security hut will go.

I have a fairly expensive and rare car and it's been fine in the car park (touch wood) and the one occasion I had to ring the guards due to a load of drunks about to pull the heads off each other while blaring music from their cars and roaring (who didn't even live in the racecourse), the guards from Blanch were there within 3 minutes, couldn't believe it.

My girlfriend works in Portmarnock and she leave the racecourse at 8.35 every morning and drives via the M50 to her office by 9am so the Navan Rd must be a different place by 8.30.

trying to paint a balanced picture
but agree that all in all, it's a fine spot.

lots going for it, and just some of the problems that are pretty much everywhere.

I've solved my problems by now starting work earlier, about 7,
newer car with chip in key,(thieves obviously didn't realise old car had immobilizer too!) and management co, even out of hours are well used to me at this stage too as I do ring for updates, so response times down to about an hour.

noise is managable, but if someone out there is shopping for one now, it's worth looking for one back from the road.

I would agree that the noise from the road is a problem if you are in any of the apartments that were built first.

I am in a block just finished recently and a friend of mine is about to get keys in the newest block to be finished - they're both a fair distance from the road that it is not too intrusive.

Out of curiosity, how they the scum get into the car park to get near your car?

You need an access fob to go anywhere near the car parks?

Back