Phasing in of the Total Contributions Approach for the State Pension

The " existing system " is that you currently get the higher of the two calculation models. But the proposal (not yet law) is from 2024 to gradually move to the TCA. The Minister's answer in the Dail needs to be turned into legislation.
As for women who took career breaks to rear children, they can get up to 1040 credits (equivalent to 20 years).
Thanks Conan but I still think it is unfair. I also think the non-contributory pension means testing is unfair. I know one career criminal with probably a couple of million stashed in his sock drawer that has drawn the dole for most of his life, is in receipt of HAP and has a medical card that will be entitled to the non-contributory pension when he reaches the age. I believe there should be a guaranteed minimum weekly pension for all.

Thanks Conan but I still think it is unfair. I also think the non-contributory pension means testing is unfair. I know one career criminal with probably a couple of million stashed in his sock drawer that has drawn the dole for most of his life, is in receipt of HAP and has a medical card that will be entitled to the non-contributory pension when he reaches the age. I believe there should be a guaranteed minimum weekly pension for all.

If that is the case, then here you go.........

Back