Peyton, Stoney Lane, Rathcoole

WHAT'SFREE?

Hi,

Does anyone have any info on this location? I've seen a property out there that I am very interested in, but know little or nothing about the area.

Can anyone throw a few comments my way??

Cheers.

Nice area - good schools, nice village nearby etc. Rathcoole has abysmal public transport though. I viewed the houses myself but thought they were overpriced given the current climate...the show houses look like they're nicely finished ( but then again, showhouses always do I suppose).

Is there anything specific you need to know about the area? I live in that neck of the woods.

Think the prices are ott given the current climate too!

Also, there is a serious implications about the planned incinerator for Rathcoole and surrounding areas, all of the surrounding areas are fighting it tooth and nail(myself included) but you never know what can happen when these things steamroll ahead.

http://rathcooleincinerator.blogspot.com/

Thanks Daveydoris. I agree that the houses appear to be a rather overpriced, but the apartment just blew me away. I'd have to sell my own first though which, in the current climate, might not be possible, but I'm looking into it.

I was just looking for general info really; is it a "nice" area? is there an issue with youths hanging around, is there a problem with "travellers" setting up camp around there... That kind of thing...

Hey,

I use to live in Rathcoole , no major anti-social issues. Overall a good place to live. Public Transport not the best and the incinerator is a big concern for all locals last few months so beware.

Peyton prices where a big surprise to me as they appear high compared to the rest of Rathcoole and market generally ....best of luck to them if they sell everything but IMHO i suspect prices will be reduced over the next 6 months. Also, until the new ring road is built road access to the mail roads will be a nightmare.

Any more questions let me know!

Tom....

Anybody else have any opinions on this development. Love the houses but I think wayyyyy over priced, giving current climate.

What do ya think???

Anybody else have any opinions on this development. Love the houses but I think wayyyyy over priced, giving current climate.

What do ya think???

I agree lovely houses, nice area. lots of schools etc. Still overpriced after already being reduced.

Hi,

I was looking at these houses too and totally fell in love with them. Just wondering about the commute from Rathcoole to Terenure, as this is were my kids attend school and I'm very happy with them there so I dont want to change. Also, the hubby works in the City... would we be mad to move further away?????

I heard they are planning a haulting site behind the Tesco's for 10 travellor families. Have the residents heard anything about this?

There is no room behind Tesco's? Where exactly are you talking about. I am from the village and I have not heard this.

There is no room behind Tesco's? Where exactly are you talking about. I am from the village and I have not heard this.

I was told by another couple looking at the houses, they said they were going behind the Tesco's but thats all the info I got. Sorry!... i assume the residents no nothing about this then???...

Can you advise on the commute to the city centre? Or generally what the area is like?

hi guys, myself and my boyf were up in peyton at the weekend, the houses are absolutely gorgeous! the one we were looking at is 525,000. Does anyone reckon they'll drop again?? its a bit steep we'd be really stretched so we tried to negotiate with the builders to drop it a little but they're not moving. dunno whether to go for it or not...

I wasn't aware of the incinerator issue whats that all about, do you think it will go ahead?

just checked out the south dublin county council website and theres definately planning and applications in for a traveller accomodation site. the council have bought land just beside the sports pitches in rathcoole and the travellers site will be going in up there. 10 houses altogether. its on the plans frm 2002 but due to be built and finalised by 2012.

hello,
i spoke with someone in the know who tells me that halting sites dont need planning premission they just build them.

If your considering schools, the secondary school in rathcoole has quiet a bad reputation alot of students from outside the area coming in and causing problems in the school

the public transport does look abysmal, are there any plans to change this? My Boyd works in leopardstown how long would it take him to get to work ? I work in town on harcourt at what would be the best thing for me to do?

Any more views on this area, saw these houses at weekend and was very impressed, just worried about transport and area as don't know it that well.

Hi Prom

I'm from Rathcoole, was born and reared there, its a nice village, but getting fairly built up, like most places, I think this is not a bad thing for Rathcoole. There are 4 pubs, a gym, chippers, lovely walks up the mountains (redgap area). There are 2 primary schools, one irish speaking one and also 1 secondary school. To me, stoney lane was always a quiet area. There is a website about rathcoole, I just tried to go onto it www.rathcoolevillage.com, however it is under construction.

Hope some of this helps.

Regards

Hizzy

Thanks Hizzy

What is the transport like in the area i work in town

Hi Prom

Just saw the following on the internet;

Rathcoole is conveniently located with superb links to the M50, N7 and all ajoining routes. Rathcoole also offers great public transport - by bus rail and with the newly proposed Luas Line located at Citywest just a five minute drive away.

My younger sister works in Town, near Dublin Castle, she doesn't drive in, she gets the bus, she doesn't seem to have any problems getting in to work. Bus number is 69, just in case you want to check the route.

Hope this helps

Regards

Hizzy

Back