Peugot 206

We bought one for the eldest three years ago and never had a problem. But now I'm wondering if we were just lucky! Merlin even sell 2006 cars, repossessed from finance companies etc. I wouldn't be looking for a doer upper. I want something safe for 'the pride and joy', to drive in!!

It's more likely they are ex-rental than re-possessions. I know of a Golf 2005 1.4 Comfortline bought at auction with 4,500 on clock last November. The thing is riddled with little annoying problems. It was bought for just 3K cheaper than a new one (which would have been an 06 by the time it was delivered). My guess on that particular car is that it was returned to VW as unfit for the purpose for which it was sold and simply passed off into the trade.

Well I've searched and searched, online, in papers, in garages, at auction...no joy. They have to be the most overpriced car ever.

Went to an auction last night. They had one in forecourt which hadn't been listed pre auction. It looked ok (we had a mechanic), and wanted to buy. However the place was full of dealers and I was left feeling that the private punters as we were called, stood no chance.

Saw one advertised in the trader and went to see it. Was a bit worried because I know the advice is not to meet anyone in a carpark or a petrol station. This guy convinced me that he worked in a large shopping centre and had the car in work. No such thing, a complete scam. Would have had no way of knowing whether he really owned the car or not.

Anyway....the search continues........

Well we finally bought the car in a garage. 1999, silver, 5 door, 4800. Fully serviced and cleaned up...not a mark on it, one lady owner. :)

Was this a good price? Were we ripped off?:( Don't tell me, I don't want to know!:D Go on tell me........:eek:

One thing that I forgot to mention. If looking at a Clio make sure the bonnet catch has been upgraded by Renault. (Cheap little job). They do fail and the bonnet has been known to fly open and smash the windscreen even at low speeds.

I have only just received a letter from Renault about this which rather plays down the exact nature of the fault. I had no idea how serious it was until I went online.

[broken link removed]

On another note, my name is spelled incorrectly on the letter but the spelling is the same as that used by the motor tax office of Dublin City Council. Does this sound like a breach of the Data Protection Act?

Wife has always driven Peaugot as her brother works for them. Nice cars, good to drive but every year something goes in the electrics and for that reason I'll stick to my Astra

Back